-The Betrayal-

Adrenaline forced Minho out of the house, his hand wrapped tightly around the wrist of his best friend Jisung, the war had begun and it wasn't going to end any time soon. The house was set ablaze behind them and they inhaled the thick smoke as they blindly stumbled around. Minho had to take a moment to catch his breath but yelling could be heard from inside the house and it was only getting louder.

"This way!" Jisung shouted, distracting Minho from the screams within the blaze. The two boys sprinted down endless alleys in a desperate attempt to escape the massacre. A few hours earlier they had been sitting in a field, discussing possible future opportunities and now they feared the worst as the gunshots increased in volume and police cars flew by. Their hearts pounded with each step they took, stitches forming on their sides as they dragged themselves through the city. Minho willingly followed his younger best friend, he had no other choice.  They had turned into a side street behind a shop, they leaned against the wall and closed their eyes in relief as they didn't have to run anymore. Minho coughed as he tried to regain his breath, he remembered doing daily running exercises but those training sessions were nothing compared to this. "Our best shot is to find a taxi that will take us to the airport, I have a bank account that will keep us going for a little while," Minho said, still gasping for air. Jisung said nothing, his attention had been turned to an echoing at the entrance of the side street.

Three shadows stepped into the alley, a sense of dread flooding both boy's minds instantly, their luck had run out. Minho stepped in front of Jisung shielding him from the three men, he had caused this and now he wanted to be the one to end it. One of the men stepped forward and grabbed Minho by the throat, he was struggling for air enough as it was and the added pressure only suffocated him more. He fought back in desperation, but his attempts were rendered useless as he was no match for their strength. He was tossed onto the floor carelessly as if he was nothing. Jisung's eyes widened in shock as he ran to Minho's side, the men did not attempt to stop him. "I'm so sorry Minho" he whispered.

Before Minho could register what was happening, Jisung was gone. A numbing sensation spread throughout him as he realized that Jisung had abandoned him, after everything Minho had done to save him. There was no explanation as to why Jisung had left that day, Minho never got an answer. The men turned their attention to the distraught boy on the floor who was struggling to comprehend what had just happened. They descended on him like wolves and with no way to defend himself, Minho braced himself for the pain that was to come.

He was going to die, and it would all be at the hands of his best friend. Han Jisung.

———————— The Art Of Betrayal —-——————