8 • shout

Cheers and applause

That's what all seven boys heard that day. They smiled as they stood in the ending pose. Once the camera panned away from them, they all celebrated. Jeno turned to meet Jaemin and the two shared a hug. Even though they had only been bandmates for a little while, there was some unspoken connection the two shared.

"You're shaking." Jeno said whilst the two hugged.

"I was just nervous." Jaemin replied. For some reason, he had hoped Jeno wouldn't notice him shaking. Jeno found it odd that he could shake so much from just the fear of being on stage. All the other boys were nervous, but none more than Jaemin. Jeno thought it would be best to not press on the situation further, leaving him and Jaemin in a long hug.

•••

And so a year past. All of the seven boys had become closer and had been preparing for their next comeback. Renjun and Chenle's Korean had improved significantly, even to the point where they could correct the others about their Korean. Whilst most of the boys had become close to one another through living together, working together and overall spending time together, one friendship seemed to have been breaking.

"Hyuck! I swear to-" Mark would shout.

"It isn't my fault! Calm down!" Haechan would always reply and it would always explode from there.

"What do you mean it's your fault?!"

"Mark, oh my god! You blame me for everything! Sometimes it's yourself!"

Neither of the boys never meant to truly hurt each other, but both of them were shouting in the heat of the moment. Unfortunately, the boys' arguments happened almost daily. The older 127 members could hear everything.

"Shouldn't we do something..?"  Winwin asked. He never wanted to see them fight. No one wanted to. However, every night it just got louder and louder.

"I hate you, Lee Donghyuck!" Mark shouted. Haechan stood there, frozen. Mark opened the door to their shared room and slammed it on his way out. He looked up to see the older members looking at him. Their eyes showed great concern for the two youngest, but they knew they could only help so much. However, before any of them could do anything to help, Mark had already put his shoes on and had slammed the door to the dorm. All of them sat in silence.

Johnny made his way to the room where the fight had occurred.

"Donghyuck." He said as he knocked on the door. Haechan stayed silent. He didn't want anyone to see him. "Hyuck, please."

"Yeah whatever. Just come in." Haechan snapped. Johnny didn't blame him, though. He slowly opened the door and saw Haechan lying on his bed. Johnny came closer to the upset boy and crouched down to be eye level with him.

"Hyuck, are you okay? Do you want to talk about anything?" Johnny asked. Haechan sat up and looked down to Johnny. The two sat in silence. Haechan's eyes welled with tears and he began to sniffle. Johnny noticed and moved himself to be sat next to the boy. He wrapped his arm around Haechan's shoulder, holding him close.

"I fucked up." was all Haechan said as his tears began to fall. He hugged Johnny for comfort.

•••

The cold, night air hit Mark like a wave. He headed in the direction to the supermarket. He needed to get his mind off of things.

"Mark?" A voice said. Mark didn't notice it first. His mind was too clouded. "Mark!" The voice said again. Mark finally turned around to see Chenle running up to him.

"Chenle? It's late, you should be at home." The older boy said.

"I know, but I wanted to get some snacks." Chenle said. He smiled as he rustled the snacks in the plastic bag. "Anyway, what are you doing out so late?" Chenle questioned. Mark's face fell.

"I just came for a walk." He said as he sighed. Chenle noticed his tone had changed.

"Did you and Haechan fight again?"

"How did you-"

"Doyoung was complaining to..." he went silent. Chenle felt he shouldn't say that Doyoung was complaining about Mark and Haechan being loud every night.

"Oh... yeah..." Mark said. He understood what Chenle was suggesting. He ruffled the smaller boys' hair. Since Chenle knew, it wouldn't hurt to tell him. Maybe Chenle had someway to help Mark. "Do you have to go home anytime soon?" Mark looked down to Chenle.

"I've got all night." Chenle smiled. His smile made Mark smile.

"Come, let's go on a walk then." Mark said as he began walking. Chenle stood for a minute before running to catch up with Mark.

•••

school has started again so I might be slower with updates! I'm sorry!