"PAPER WARRR!!!"

*Y/N/N = Your nickname*

The school day came to a close and all of the children of St Bernadettes rushed home, eager to escape the bitter cold. Mr Maddens strode home, his hands buried deep into his pockets as white breath showed in the frost.

He was determined to start working on the Nativity play with the help of his dog Cracker.

Sat down on his sofa, still in his teaching clothes, he started to sing.

"Cracker," the man said, the sandy brown dog's head turning to face him.

"Bark for high," he said.

"Ruf!" The dog barked.

"Bark for low..."

Instead, the dog let out a little whimper to which Mr Maddens sighed.

"Suit yourself."

-----------------

Mr Maddens distributed the copies of the script printed on bright orange paper onto the children's desks as the rest of the rabble ran wild around the playground chasing Mr Poppy.

He rolled his eyes as he saw Y/N jumping onto his back and him carrying her around as she clung onto him while the rest of the students cheered for her. One boy, in particular, Mr Maddens noticed who seemed to be smiling the widest out of all of them was Matt.

Mr Maddens knew that there was undoubtedly something between those two. Even a man who was as lonely as ever around this time could see it.

He had seen young love. He had been a part of it, even if it didn't always go the way that he had planned.

As the girl jumped off Mr Poppy's back, he was caught by the boy who smiled at her. Ever since the boy had met her, he had felt more free, alive. Now more than ever, it was important to him to wish that one day, maybe she would like him back.

--------------------

"This man is an actual idiot, if this was a village, he would be the idiot." Mr Maddens stated as he paced up and down Mrs Bevan's office. He had had enough with Mr Poppy.

Mrs Bevan gave him an almost stunned look.

"He isn't a classroom assistant, he is an ABSOLUTE CALAMITOUS FOOL!" He exclaimed in protest.

"But he is going to be a big help with the play," she replied waving her pen around. Mr Maddens scoffed and his arms dropped.

"What? The play I don't care about!" He half yelled. "They play that takes the children away from learning to read and write and count?! Great! Big whoopi! I've got a big oaf helping my children to fail! Thanks a lot!" He raged at the headmistress.

Mrs Bevan stood there stunned into silence. Just then, Mr Maddens noticed something. It was a picture laying on Mrs Bevan's desk.

"What's that?" He questioned gruffly to a picture of Mrs Bevans and man.

"It's a picture..." Mrs Bevan replied, "of me and Mr Poppy."

"Why do you have a picture of you and Mr Poppy?"

She hesitated.

"He is my...sister's son."

Mr Madden's face dropped as his hands went to his face, he let out a small groan before giving up on the whole situation. In one movement, he strode out the door and back to his classroom.

---(Y/N's P.O.V)---

"Did you see the way he was looking at you?" A voice came from behind me as a hand went onto my shoulder. I turned around swiftly to see it was TJ. I furrowed my eyebrows.