Chapter 1.

Demi's POV

"I refuse to have you stay on that couch and mope around forever Demi!" I hear Matthew basically shout as he enters my home.

"I am not moping around Matt." I reply not taking my eyes from the tv.

"Yes you are Dems, tell me the last time you went outside." Lauren deadpans making her presence known.

I sigh in defeat because I truly haven't left my home in about a month. There's no reason to and frankly I didn't want to.

"Listen babe I know he hurt you and what he did was fucked up but you have to move on sometime. I say you start right now." Matthew says sitting beside taking the container of ice cream from my hands.

"I am over him." I say defending myself "He only wanted to be with me for his own selfish reasons and I'm glad it ended before I did anything stupid."

"Like maybe not sign a prenup and he takes you for all you're worth?" lauren chimes in.

Matthew and I pause and look at her before bursting out laughing a second later.

"Damn D that really could've gone badly" Matthew says out of breath "But, it's over now and I need  you to start being an active part of society again. "

"Fine, you guys win. Where are we going?"

"First we're taking you shopping, then to dinner. Maybe you'll see someone that sparks your interest while we're out." Matthew tells me.

"I don't want anyone to spark my interest matt, I don't need a relationship right now. It's barely been two months since I broke things off with Max."

"A fuck buddy never hurt anyone Demi. Trust me you need one." Lauren says opposite to us while playing with Ella.

I throw a pillow in her direction but miss anyway "No I don't! I'm completely fine by myself."

"We know that Dems, all we're saying is that you need to get loose. Have some fun, it's been a while."

"Okay then, shall we get ready to go out then?" I ask a little excitement building in my voice.

"That's the spirit let's go!" Matthew says pulling me from my spot on the couch.

***

Singer Demi Lovato spotted out with friends for the first time in months after breakup with actor Max Erich.

One thing about me that will never change is how much I hate paparazzi and how invasive they are. After years in the spotlight I'll never understand why what I'm doing is so important to them or to anyone for a matter of fact. To be honest I think I'm quite boring to follow around I do nothing interesting, at least in my eyes.

Matthew, lauren and I have been out shopping for about an hour before the paparazzi showed up and we called it quits. We went back to my place to get washed up and ready for dinner.

"Make sure to pick out something nice!" Matthew tells me as I climbed up the stairs to my room.

"I'm not trying to impress anyone Matthew." I roll my eyes.

"Who says it's for anyone? Do it for yourself girl. You deserve to look nice for one evening all you do is wear sweats." He says following me.

"Okay, okay I'll wear something nice." I say caving in. He smiles and leaves me to do my thing while he presumably goes to the guest room.

***

After doing the finishing touches on my makeup I check my outfit once more in the mirror and smile  lightly in approval.  Maybe I did need to go out, I felt pretty good about my over all look so I grabbed a matching bag adding all the stuff I needed and went down stairs.

"Look at you babe! I might just have to take you out myself." Lauren says making me throw my head back in laughter.

"Maybe I should take you up on that offer." I joke.

"You look gorgeous Demi." Matthew compliments.

"Thank you. You guys look really good too."

After making sure we had everything we needed, we left with max to our dinner reservation at Nobu.