2 ; ice cream and harry's dilemma

Start from the beginning

"What is going on?" said Mrs. Granger as she made her way downstairs, having heard the laughter of her daughters up in her room.

Hermione was the first to pull herself together, "We're just talking about that time Lils almost cut my hair when we were younger."

Mrs. Granger smiled, "Ah yes. You girls sure were a handful growing up."

"Are we still a handful?" said Liliana, having controlled her laughter.

Their mother looked at them for a second before saying, "Yes."

Liliana gave a fake gasp, "I'm offended."

"How could you mum?" gasped Hermione although she was grinning from ear to ear.

"Sorry girls, but you'll understand one day," said Mrs. Granger, a small smile on her lips as she walked into the living room.

"Not a day I'd like coming anytime soon," said Liliana, her nose scrunching up. "Anyways, we wanted to go over the plan for tomorrow."

"I'm listening," their mother said, seating herself on the couch.

"Well," began Hermione, taking a seat next to her mother. "Ron says he and his family will be staying at the Leaky Cauldron so we figured we could just stay there with them since the Hogwarts Express will be leaving the next day."

"And," added Liliana, plopping down on the opposite side of her mother. "We thought we'd be able to just get our school shopping done with them, that is if you and dad don't mind."

Mrs. Granger stayed silent for a moment before speaking again. "I'm okay with that, I'll ask your father tomorrow morning since he's asleep but I'm sure he will be okay with it as well."

"Really?" said Hermione, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Really," said Mrs. Granger through a soft laugh. "So you'd ought to prepare your school stuff for the next two days. Now," she added, getting up from the sofa, "I'm going to bed, since I am a bit sleepy. Don't stay up too late girls, okay?"

Hermione and Liliana nodded their heads in agreement before giving their mother a quick kiss on the cheek goodnight and heading up to their room themselves.

When they got up to their room they made sure to pack quietly so as to not wake their parents up. They spent an hour packing their school supplies for the next two days, making sure they had everything: books, summer work, clothes, and most importantly their school supplies list, before settling themselves in bed and drifting off to sleep.

*・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・☆・゜

The following morning Hermione and Liliana woke with a start. It only took the two a few seconds to get out of bed and start getting ready for the day ahead of them, the excitement of meeting up with Ron coursing through them.

They grabbed their trunks, filled with all of their school things before making their way downstairs; the sweet scent of parisian pastries filling their noses.

"Here, let me help with that," said Mr. Granger as he met the girls halfway down the stairs.

"Thanks dad," replied Hermione, handing her trunk to her father. Liliana smiled as a way of showing thanks before handing him her trunk as well.

He smiled, "Not a problem girls." He then walked the rest of the way down with the trunks in hand.

As soon as they made it down the staircase they rushed over to the dining table. There were all sorts of jams and jellies on the table, and different types of pastries: croissants, eclairs, macaroons, and Liliana's favorite pastry they'd brought from Paris, a few saint-honorés.