Chapter 3

The day began to grow dim with a small bit of tension within the air. The breeze began to grow cold as the sky was painted with colors of orange, pink, and yellow. To which it slowly faded to deep dark blues.

You built a fire and sat outside on the ground as you began to become lost in thought. You watched the flames flicker and talk with it's crackles and pops.

Did you really want to get tangled up in this?

A small sigh left you as you went a bit more closer to the fire to keep yourself warn.

It was then you could hear something coming up from behind you, as you looked over to see the man himself. Wilbur. Along with him were the other men of L'manberg. They were all wearing blue coats and white pants. They looked like soldiers.

"Y/n, we have something to give you."

Wilbur spoke up before taking out a neatly folded uniform that was similar to theirs.

"I want you to be apart of L'manberg with us. To be a whole family together, once again. Will you join us Y/n?"

He asked as everyone awaited your answer. The pressure began to sink in wondering if you wanted to be apart of this nation. Sure you came all the way. But what were you getting yourself into.

Wilbur seemed a bit saddened seeing how long you were taking with your reply as he believed it was a No.

Before he could lower the uniform you spoke up.

"I'll join. I'll be apart of this great nation and make a good name of it. You can count on me Wilbur."

You said with a pride as you got up from the ground.

His smile came back as the others seemed happy with your answer. Wilbur then handed over the uniform to you as he respectfully nodded to you.

"You'll be a great service to our nation. I'm glad to have you on my side."

He said as Tommy cheered causing others to join in. This moment made you happy but... was this the right choice?

Nonetheless you ignored your thoughts and celebrated with the guys with your joining.

We all had a drink in hand as Wilbur stood up on a rock to higher up himself from us.

"Let us raise a glass to our freedom. For it shall be something they can never take away. For history shall tell the story of tonight! To L'manberg!"

"To L'manberg!"

We all cheered and raised our glasses.

Later on everyone went off to go to sleep as you did the same. Maybe this wouldn't be bad after all.