--Night of August 20, 2026

What is that monster!? That thing isn't a vampire, that thing is just that a Monster.

Wait, Patrick don't go!!

Patrick's head... it ate Patrick's head, Patrick call that thing the Owl Lady... that has to be a lie!! I have seen the Owl Lady... I saw her execution, she at least had a mind, reason, logic... this thing has none of that... Wait, there is something on top of that thing, is that a person?

She got down and is... talking to the Owl Lady? Please don't tell me that the Owl Lady's curse is the cause of this weird monster. She transforms back!! She really is the Owl Lady!! The person who was on her back went towards Cassidy... she bites her!!

Cassidy is okay, she let her go... she is talking to her... could it be that she likes her blood and want to keep her... Cassidy is drinking her blood!!

The Owl Lady saw me!!

Please don't find me, please don't find me, please don't find me, please don't find me, please don't find me!!!

--Morning of August 30, 2026

I cannot go on... we cannot go any longer... We killed Morgan just now, he did nothing for us but get us killed, we are going to give up... the guys don't want to die... I won't be so lucky... I left the tents and I am in my old home... I cannot go on... Please forgive me, Maria, Ellie but I am not strong enough to go on.

Whoever finds this journey, please bury me next to my family... don't insult me... I know I am taking the coward's way but what else am I suppose to do? There is nothing but pain and suffering... my home, broken... my family, gone... I have nothing to live for... nothing to strive for.

---Luz's Pov---

A soldier until the last moment and what was your reward by the end of all the bloodshed? Was it a beautiful place? A place you can call home? A place you can return and be happy? No, it gave you nothing but pain and suffering and with the rest of the pain and suffering you had, you choose the path to take that pain and suffering away from you forever. I close the journal and turn around to see the soldier's body hanging from the wood beam.

"Take his body down and bury it with his family"

"Yes, your majesty"

"Why are you even burying him?" Amity said.

"I may be a villain, a monster, but I have principles"

"Still don't see the reason"

"I had family members who were soldiers, Amity, few of them ended up like him... Humans also had a common principle, don't desecrate a dead man corpse, pay respect even if they were a piece of shit"

"So you still have some humanity to you"

"Yes, my mother wanted me to keep them, she said it would make me a better leader and it also is very useful to manipulate people" I started to walk to the front door.

"Manipulate?"

"What do you think would happen had I desecrated that man's corpse? Instead of showing sympathy and pity"

"Nothing, you would have gained nothing"

"Exactly, now his family grave is at the other side, what do you think they would think when they see that, we vampires, respect their dead?"

"They will open to us?"

"Yes, they will, 'We may conquer the land but that doesn't mean we conquer the citizen's heart' that is something I learn back in the human realm and it stuck with me"