𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒅 𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑨𝒏𝒘𝒂𝒓'𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚, 𝑱𝒂𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒅 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍, we approached Anwar's dad, who was standing next to Anwar, "Ladies!" He greeted us as we approached, he kissed each of us on the cheek.

"Hello, Mr. Kharral," Michelle said to him, smiling at him.

He looked us all over, we weren't too dressed up, just sweaters and jeans, "Nicely dressed too," He said to Anwar, who just let out a sigh, "You see, respectful," He waved a finger out at him and then he looked back at us, "I keep asking Anwar when Maxxie is coming," Once he said this, Michelle and I exchanged looks, then looked over at Anwar who was visibly growing nervous, "He says they fought... Why would anyone fight a boy like Maxxie?" 

I cleared my throat, "Well," I said quietly.

"I never see Maxxie," He continued on, "You know, he was such a wonderful dancer... Tap dancing, huh? Superb, physical..." 

Jal nodded, "Yeah, we know," She said quietly. 

Anwar's dad let out a breath of air before he smiled at us once more, "Anyway, have some fun, huh?" He patted us on our shoulders before he walked away from us. 

Jal, Michelle, and I looked up at Anwar and then turned away, walking away, we went towards some tables in the back, just blending into the party. I leaned against the wall that was to my left, the party wasn't anything insane, just some disco music and some awkward dancing. After a while, there was a record scratch and some feedback, we looked up at Anwar's uncle who was standing behind the DJ booth, "Welcome everybody!" He said into the microphone, "And a happy birthday to Anwar!" Everyone cheered for him as he said this, "He is the apple of my sister's eye! A great God-fearing lad..." There was a spotlight on Anwar who stood there awkwardly in front of everyone as they clapped for him, "So we've thrown this party to celebrate his birthday and his marriage to his cousin who's just flown in from Pakistan!" Everyone gasped, murmurs were heard before they died down and everyone stood there quietly as Anwar looked around nervously, like a little lost deer in headlights. The silence was painful until his uncle spoke up, "Ahhh! Got you!" He laughed at his nephew, everyone else started to laugh, Anwar just stood there, "Had you going, didn't I?" 

"Jesus," I said quietly.

"Come on, everybody! Let's dance!" The music started up again and everyone walked towards the dance floor. 

I took a sip of my drink and Kenny was standing behind us now, "This is a big boy tune! This mofo's got some serious riddims kickin' off, you get me?" He shouted, I furrowed my brow and looked at him, Michelle and Jal doing the same, giving him a strange look. Kenny just looked Jal up and down, raising a brow, "I'd so love you to dance... Would you?" Jal looked over to Michelle and me before she walked towards the dancefloor with Kenny, he looked over at us, raising his brows as he went to follow her, leaving Michelle and I standing there alone.

Michelle ended up walking off, and I just turned to walk towards the front when Anwar and Maxxie walked in, I smiled at the two of them, as they approached the dancefloor, Maxxie put a hand out for me and I just shrugged my shoulders, grabbing his hand as we went to the dancefloor, the music actually started to be danceable around this time, I managed to find Jal in the crowd and we all danced around. I didn't even notice Chris showed up until three posh guys walked up to us as the music died down a little, "Excuse me," The man in the front said to Chris as he turned around, "Give it back, mate."

Chris looked at him, "Huh?"

"My ring's gone walkabout, cobber."

I looked over to Jal who looked over at me about the same time, I furrowed my brow, "Cobber?" I whispered.