6. Too Late

(Hey everyone I am back home and I am so happy to be back. Sorry I hadn't written in here for a while I was dealing with some thins but I'm back.)

Beth laid in bed for days, she had been in bed for about five days and she wasn't getting any better. Noah was always worried, Noel cried for his mother at night and Gabriel was just being distant while trying to maintain his composure. Lyndsay took care of all the cooking and cleaning she would check up on Beth. 

Today was day six of Beth being in bed. So Lyndsay made some stew and brought it up to Beth for her to eat. When she got there, Beth was just lying there looking almost dead. She had slimmed down so much and she was just disheveled. Her hair was all knotted up and Noah would try to help her to the bath and he would bath her. 

"Lyndsay, hey." She spoke in a soft whisper since she had lost her voice. "I brought you some soup." Lyndsay said with a smile. "Oh thanks dear." Beth smiled. She sat up best as she could to eat Lyndsay's soup. She ate it what she could. She was so weak he wasn't eating much but she still ate what she could. When she was done, Lyndsay and Beth sat in silence for a bit before speaking. "Take care of my son Lyndsay, he is very lucky to have you." 

"What do you mean?" Lyndsay asked fearing the answer. "I'm not gonna make it dear, I'm not. So I need you to be a good girl for me ok? Take care of Gabriel, but also Noel and Noah. They will need you now more than ever." She said smiling. "No, Beth you can't leave me please, you can't leave me here alone." Lyndsay said crying. "Shhh, there, there dear. I need you to be strong for them. Tell them I love them." Beth reached up touching Lyndsay's tear stained face and sayin, "I love you Lyndsay, I'm glad that you are my daughter." Those were the last words that Beth spoke before drawing her last breath. 

Lyndsay sat there before getting up and pulling the sheets over Beth's body covering her. She then took the dishes to the kitchen sobbing over the sink. About an hour later Noah and Gabriel and Noel came in. "Lyndsay? What's wrong?" Noah asked coming over comforting her. "Beth she's she's, I'm so sorry Noah, sir, she passed." Noah felt as if his whole world had come crashing down. "What? No she can't be!" He said in tears. He ran up the stairs and they could hear him screaming. "No, no! No baby no!" "Where's mom?" Noel asked. "I'm sorry honey but your mother didn't make it. She passed away." Lyndsay said comforting him. Noel hugged Lyndsay crying while Gabe stood there not able to speak. 

Noah came downstairs looking at Lyndsay then his sons, "come on Gabriel we should go bury your mother now." Noah said. "No, I want to say goodbye to her first." Noel spoke loudly in tears. "Son now come on." "Please dad, please." Gabe asked. "Alright everyone go say your goodbyes." Noah said acting tough but Lyndsay could tell he was broken. 

Gabriel took hold of Lyndsay's hand while Noel raced up ahead of them to go see his mother and say his goodbyes to her. After a while Noel finally stopped crying and just retreated back to his room while Gabriel held onto Lyndsay crying. "There, there dear." She spoke softly. "My mom is dead. She's gone." He sobbed into her. "I know, I know. I miss her too." She said crying. When it was over Noah and Gabriel took Beth's body changing her into a white dress and white shoes giving her one last kiss before sending her to the ground and burying her. 

After that night, no one ate dinner since no one was hungry. The house was silent. "I'm gonna write a letter to Charles or him and his sons to come over with Emmie." Noah said. He got out a paper and a pen and wrote the letter. 

'Dear Charles,

It's Noah, got some bad news. My wife Beth has passed away, she didn't make it. We are hoping that you can come over with your family in a couple of weeks from now, Lyndsay is Gabriel's girl and she is settling in just fine. But we could use some family time now. Please come over when you get this. See you son. 

Love, 

Noah Wilcox. 

After he was finished writing the letter he put it in the envelope then walked to the mailbox to place it in. When he was done he walked back to the house. He came in side to see everything was clean. He figured they were all asleep so he went upstairs to his now empty bed. He saw where Beth once laid beside him. He got on his side of the bed and cried himself to sleep feeling nothing but complete and utter sorrow and loneliness.