Chapter Two

A/N: Text in italics means sign language or writing!

The school day went by like any other. Kei had told your teachers ahead of time about how you were mute, so your teachers were very accepting of your silence. Though it did earn you a few looks from classmates, you just tried to ignore it the best you could.

At the end of the day, your brother and Yamagucci waited for you at the doorway to your classroom. "I have practice today, but you are welcome to check out a club or follow me until I can walk home with you" Kei said. You nodded and he smiled back at you, leading you to the gym where two other girls were waiting already.

"You must be Y/N." Said the shorter one with a friendly smile. You nod back, starting to feel a little shy.

"Tsukishima already told us about you. I'm Kiyoko and this is Yachi. We are the team managers. Your welcome to sit with us while the boys change. The gym is already set up so we just need to wait for them now." The second one said.

You look back at your brother and he nods back to you, encouragingly. You decide to take a seat with the girls and pull your earbuds from your bag. Conversations could be tiresome but music is a great excuse for you to not socialize. When you can't hear someone, you can't respond afterall.

After a few minutes, boys start to flood the gym. Most of them were tall, but not as tall as Kei. They didn't immediately notice you and you were thankful for that.

Kei came over tapping your shoulder and signed to you. Are you okay? You nod, not wanting him to worry, and put your music away so you could hear what's going on around you. The others were talking about how excited they were about someone coming and you just listen in curiously.

What are they talking about? you ask your brother.

We have a practice match with another school today. Don't worry to much, it just means that we might be here later. Akiteru packed you some extra snacks just in case it runs longer than expected."

What school is coming this time? you respond, just before hearing more people walk through the door. You immediately identify someone and smile.

"Go ahead. I'm sure he misses you too." You run up to your friend before anyone else can, giving him a hug.

"Hey Sho- wait, Y/N? What are you doing here?" Kenma asked. Your giggle lightly as you release your hug from your gaming buddy. Suddenly, you notice that in an instant, a million eyes were now on you.

"Who is that?"

"Did Kuroo bring one of his fans along?"

Suddenly, three guys start running up to you. "Another goddess!" They chase you away from Kenma and you immediately take cover behind your brother. While two other boys wearing jerseys with the number "1" grab your pursuers.

"Ugh...can you idiots not scare Y/N?" Kei asks, glancing your way apologetically, making sure you were okay.

Everyone just looks at him as if he's crazy. Was Tsukishima actually protecting a girl? This was unheard of.

"Look at you! Getting a girlfriend in your first year? Way to go!" The one boy called, holding back one of the maniac boys who were chasing you.

"How stupid are you? She's my sister, not my girlfriend. Like I would be interested in something like that, you dumb rooster" your brother responds bitterly, before turning around facing you.

Sorry about those dumbasses. I didn't tell them about you just yet because I didn't want them to come after you as soon as they saw you. Sorry... he signs. You shake your head, letting him know that you were fine and don't mind.

"Uh...How about we let them be for a second while we warm up?" the dumb rooster suggested and the others agreed.