25 • Try • 25

Start from the beginning

"I'm not prying, I just hope you're not doing what I think your going to do. I'm concerned, that's why I'm asking. I'm trying to be your brother." He told me.

A pang of guilt hit me. He was actually trying at this and admitting it to me openly. It was kind of nice.

"Your sweet." I smiled, realising he was trying to come from a good place. I bit my lip, deciding I could be honest with him. "I want to go and see Billy." I whispered, not wanting Sebastian or Harry to hear, but they weren't paying attention.

Tommy stopped what he was doing and turned to look at me. I couldn't work out whether the look on his face was anger, frustration or concern.

"Why?" Was all he said, a slight undertone of exasperation in his voice.

"Because..." I said, picking up the plate that he had just dropped and drying it with the cloth. "I need to know something."

Tommy rolled is eyes. "What, Charlotte?" He huffed. "What do you want to know? What's worth going to see that bastard?"

"I want to know if he used me." I admitted, not meeting Tommy's eyes. "I want to know if he only went out with me because of you, Sebastian and Harry."

Tommy's lips twisted. "Do you really need or want to know any of that?"

"Yes."

Tommy sighed and turned away from me. Regret hit me quickly. He'd forgiven me for going out with him, but he couldn't forgive me to see him again. In his mind, going to see Billy was like me saying sorry and doing the same thing again.

I watched in fear as Tommy walked over to Sebastian. Sebastian was on his phone, not cleaning anything. I watched cautiously as Tommy stood before him and got his attention. Here, it comes. Round two of let's gang up on Charlie was coming my way.

I shut my eyes.

"Can I have the keys to the car?" I heard Tommy say.

My eyes flung open in surprise and I looked over to see a confused Sebastian. He was watching Tommy suspiciously, probably thinking the same thing I was. Tommy never really drove their car or went out without them. However, Sebastian didn't question it Sebastian handed his brother the keys.

Once the keys were in Tommy's hands, Tommy turned to me. "Fancy a drive, Charlie?"

My eyes widened. Was he wanting to go on a drive with me to try and talk some sense into me? Having a conversation like that would be perfect in a car. I wouldn't be able to walk away. I'd have to sit there and listen to him.

"We're not done here, though. The kitchen's not clean." I replied, using the half-clean kitchen as my excuse.

Tommy turned to Sebatian. "You and Harry can do the rest, can't you? Seeing as though you've been on your phone whilst Charlie and I have been washing up."

Sebastian sent a glare in my direction. "She's a girl. She's better at cleaning than me."

My eyes widened in shock and I found myself glaring at Sebastian. "You sexist little shit!"

Sebastian shrugged. "Though, I'm not quite sure you meet the threshold to be classed as a girl."

I glared at him, but Tommy shook his head. "Fuck off, Sebastian. Don't be such a dick. We'll see you in a bit." He told his brother. "Come on, Charlie. Let's go."

I smiled at Sebastian with my best fake smile. Then I followed Tommy out to the car.

For the first time,I got into shotgun whilst Tommy got behind the wheel. He didn't say anything whilst he pulled out of the drive. He took a left turn out of the driveway and headed out of our street.