The Simmons Sibling (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

It gave Daisy a reason to get back home and you to ask Coulson if you could be back-up from the base, keeping an eye on the screens in his office, providing the ground team with intel about their surroundings or any information they needed. You were often together with Jemma and Fitz in this, the three of you in the office as you eyed Daisy's dot on the map a tad closer than the others.

If she came back hurt, you would rush to the Zephyr or Quinjet, scold her for not being careful and wrapping her in a tight hug afterwards, if that was possible without hurting her of course. She would always smile as you stalked up to her pissed, knowing you weren't really pissed but extremely worried.

Tonight, there would be a small party in the base because a very important mission had succeeded, which called for beer and music. Before it was that time though, you were relaxing on your bed, reading through some old books for a new assignment May had given you. Even when an important mission had succeeded, there was no time for relaxing too long.

The door opened and you looked up to see Daisy walk in in her mission suit, coming back from a smaller mission you hadn't been too worried about. ''Hey,'' she smiled, eyeing your cross-legged body on the bed and all the papers around you. She was worried you overworked yourself, but you had promised her you were fine.

''Hi beautiful,'' you smiled widely, always happy she came back from missions without a scratch. That didn't mean you wouldn't find any bruises on her body later though. 

''What does Coulson have you researching now?'' she asked as you made space on the edge of the bed for her to sit. 

''May,'' you corrected. ''She wants to know more about Andrew. Why he shifted back and forth for a while until finally staying that... thing.''

Daisy picked up a book and read the chapter title, ''the first Inhumans.''

You watched her eyes as they turned sad, thinking about Andrew. That was not the way you wanted to make her feel after coming back from a mission happy. 

You gently took the book from her hands and closed it, shoving the other papers away too so you focused on her alone. ''Forget it, how was the mission? Get what you came for?''

She smiled smugly, emotions making a full 180. ''Piece of cake.''

''Does that mean I won't find bruises everywhere or...'' you trailed off, eyebrows raised jokingly. She knew how much you hated seeing her hurt, even if they were small bruises.

Her smirk turned bigger and her eyes mischievous. She rose from the bed and offered you her hand. ''Why don't you take a shower with me and find out.''

You grabbed her hand and she pulled you towards the bathroom backwards. ''Can't say no to that,'' you joked as you gripped the zipper on the front of her suit.

~~~~

Everyone was already in the common room when you and Daisy stepped in, her usual leather jacket around her shoulders while you had a nice long sleeve on. It didn't have to be fancy at all, since it was a casual celebration. The music was loud, but not too loud so everyone had to yell to hear each other. 

''You want a beer?'' Daisy asked, seeing everyone with them.

You turned to her. ''Yes please.''

She left you to get some from the fridge as you found your friends on the couches. ''Hey guys,'' you greeted them, plopping down next to your Mack, on his other side YoYo. 

''Junior,'' Mack joked, to which the others laughed and you shot him a glare. Jemma was not even that much older. 

''Shut up, Mack,'' you chuckled, softly punching him in his arm.