Chapter Three

Mulai dari awal

Evren opens the door for Sage and immediately all eyes fall on her. The room goes silent as Sage walks in, her head held up high while she scans the room. Alastor quickly stops chatting with the other royals and turns his attention to Sage. His face fills with rage, and his cheeks begin to feel hot. "What is she wearing? And what did she do to her hair?" he thinks. He bites his tongue in order to keep up his good reputation, but he gives Sage the "I'm gonna kill you" look. Well, he won't be the one to kill her. He signals to the hitman to approach her.

"You look amazing," John says. "Thank you..." Sage says hesitantly. "Who are you?" she asks. "Oh, forgive me!" John says while bowing. "My name is Prince John, your father invited my family to be here tonight," Sage looks him up and down. "Please, it's alright. And he is NOT my father," she replies. "O-Oh-" John says. "Well, it was nice meeting you, but I should go mingle," Sage says while eyeing Mael waving at her. She walks away before John can even get a word in. "Hey! You look awesome by the way, I love your hair!" Mael says while Sage approaches him. "Thank you, as do you," Sage says. Alastor meets them there. "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?" he says to Sage. "A gown," Sage replies nonchalantly. "And I look damn good in it too," She says with a grin. Evren giggles from a corner where she is hiding, spying on the three of them. Alastor slaps her in rage. "ALASTOR!" Mael yells, while getting in front of Sage to protect her. "MOVE!" Alastor yells back. At this point Mael notices people staring. "Alastor please, calm down. Your drawing attention-" Mael says. "Sage what did you do to your hair? Did Evren not do it for you?" Alastor says, ignoring Mael. "I did my own hair. Or I guess I should say I undid it, I let my natural hair down," Sage says, trying to push through Mael. Alastor starts to get mad again, and Mael sees John behind Sage. "Take her away from here!" Mael says to John.

John drags Sage out of the room and into a random bedroom. "I didn't need your help!" Sage says, trying to get past John to get out of the room. John quickly locks the door and pulls out a sword. "What are you doing-" she questions, while John lunges at her without saying a word. "HEY!" Sage yells, running to the side. "I'm sorry..." John says, lunging again. Sage grabs a sword from a nearby suit of armor and starts battling with John. "Wow," John says. "Didn't think you'd fight back. It's alright, I always love a challenge!" "I always fight back!" Sage says, overpowering John and pushing him to the ground. She kicks his sword out of his hand. He follows it with his eyes and then looks directly at Sage. "Please!" he pleads. "WHO SENT YOU?" Sage yells in his face. John looks away, eyes closed in fear. "TELL ME WHO!" Sage says, bring the tip of the sword right under John's chin, forcing him to look up at her. "Y-Your father!" John says. "That bastard!" Sage says, moving the sword and moving away from John. John quickly gets back to his feet and grabs his sword. He then lunges at Sage, cutting her arm when he misses. Sage then gets her sword back in her hand and starts fighting again. Being startled by the cut on her arm, John is able to push her down to the ground. "Why are you doing this?" she asks John. "I have to," he says. "It's the only way I get paid!" He says with a smirk, raising his sword to stab Sage. Sage quickly inserts her sword into John's chest. "I'm sorry... " she whispers as his limp body falls next to her. "I really am sorry," she says, tears filling her eyes.

"Did I really just do that? I KILLED A MAN!" Sage thinks, now crying full tears. Her tears soon turn into anger while she remembers what "John" had told her. "Y-Your Father!" His voice plays again in her mind. "I CAN'T BELIEVE HIM!" She yelled out loud. But the truth is, she could believe it. She knew her dad hated her, but she didn't think he'd go through those lengths. Becoming aware of her injury, she rips off a piece of her dress and tight it tight around her arm. She then grabbed the assassins body and started dragging down the halls. She put the sword on her back, just in case there were more of the hitmans' coming. The body left a long streak of red on the floor but she didn't care. She didn't care about anything right now. Her hair was a mess and her makeup was smeared across her face from crying. Right now she felt angry, but numb. Her heels made loud clunks on the ground as she approached her fathers meeting room. She pushes through the doors, still dragging the limp assassin behind her. Without saying a word, she throws the body in her fathers direction as he turns to face her. They meet eyes for a moment until Sage breaks the silence. 

"I knew you were crazy," she started. "But I didn't think you'd do something like this," she finished, pointing the bloody sword at the body. "How-" Alastor says. "I am POWERFUL," Sage scream whispers, interrupting Alastor. "And I know you don't think I am, but I have nothing to prove to you. I am worthy of this kingdom," Sage says, walking closer to Alastor while pointing her sword at him. "Oh please, you're just a woman, you can't do shit for this kingdom," Alastor says, trying not to show his fear. "I AM NOT JUST A WOMAN," Sage screams at him. "YES YOU ARE! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE JUST A WOMAN, A WOMAN WHO NOBODY LOVES OR CARES FOR UNLESS YOU START ACTING LIKE-" Alastor yells back. At this point everybody else in the room is dumbfounded at what has become of this toxic father daughter relationship. "LIKE WHAT? LIKE A LITTLE GIRL WHO OBEYS?" Sage yells back, her anger raging. "YES!" Alastor replies, also screaming. "WHEN WILL YOU LEARN ALASTOR," Sage starts, her anger growing uncontrollable. "THAT I NEVER OBEY!" She finishes, pointing the bloody tip of the sword at his neck. "You are nothing, Alastor," She whispers, inches away from his face. "You. Are. SHIT!" Sage screams at him. His eyes fill with tears. "Then kill me," he whispers back. Sage pauses for a moment, thinking. She lets him down. "Alastor turns to the table and laughs. "I guess she was right! She doesn't obe-" He was interrupted by a blade shooting through him, impaling his back. As he falls to the ground, Sage wipes off her sword on her dress.

"Now," she says calmly. "Someone rid of these bodies please," The room is silent. Everyone looks at one another. "Y-You did it..." a whisper emerges. "Does that mean we're... free?" another one whispers. "With me ruling the kingdom, everyone is free!" Sage says, smiling. "SAGE!" Evren yells, bursting through the doors. She wraps Sage into a tight hug and then smashes her lips onto hers. Sage looks at the people in the room and puts her hands on her sword. "Does anybody have a problem?" Sage says, her glare cutting through the air. "N-No!" Mael says from the table. Sage gives him a sympathetic look. "Please don;t think less of me for any of this. I do think we could be good friends. OH, and by the way, about the marriage thing-" She says, getting interrupted by Mael. "We were never married! Got it!" Mael says, laughing nervously. Sage smiles, picks up Evren, and carries her out of the room.

Peace. That's what she felt.

Peace

A/N:: I KINDA FORGOT I WAS WRITING THIS LMAO IM SORRY IT TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE!!