part 1

After a crisp morning, it was starting to brighten up outside by the afternoon.

We were walking together in the hallways of Kamome Gakuen, (or at least only I was since he joined me), because I had to run an arrand for one of my teachers in the middle of class.
I'm pretty sure I had to drop some papers off to one of the front offices, but I wasn't really paying attention.

On my way to the office, Hanako decided to float down from the stairs I was passing to greet me.

"Why hello there, fancy meeting you in this hallway!" He said in his sarcastic, partly snarky voice of his.

"Yeah, well hey," I said as my eyes weren't really focused on where I was headed, but I trusted my feet to go the route they usually went for this arrand.

Hanako looked at the papers in my hands.
"What are those for?"
"Chemistry."
"You need me to help?"
He floated down to the floor and started walking next to me, holding his hands out in front of me for the papers.

"No, I can handle it." I said, not very focused.
He let his hands fall to his sides, then stared at me for a couple seconds with a confused look on his face, wondering why I wasn't paying attention to him.

That look soon turned to motivational anger.

Hanako grabbed the papers from my hand, which instantly woke me out of my trance, then dashed off ahead on me into the silent hallway.