The Tragedy

Biana woke up still holding Tam's hand, but he hadn't showed any sign of waking. She let out another sob and kissed his cheek.

"I'll stay by you until the end." She promised him quietly. "Because I'll always love you. She checked the clock. "Seven o'clock. We still have time." 

Biana drifted off. Her dream was off. She was walking through a graveyard, searching for someone.

Then she saw it. Beneath a tree with dark bark that she swore had silver entwined in it. And a gravestone. With Tam's name.

She screamed and ran to it. She hugged the gravestone and screamed Tam's name and wouldn't let the gravestone go.

The dream shifted. There was the hill and the tree and the gravestone. She walked up and sat beside the gravestone.

"Hi honey. I miss you everyday. I still think of what might have been if you hadn't died in the hospital, but don't worry. I'm okay. We just got married. I found the promise ring you wanted to give me, before you confessed. I found out we could legally get married even if you couldn't be there. Lihn visits every week right? Do you ever imagine what our kids would have looked like. Maybe a black haired girl with my eyes, or a brown haired boy with your beautiful silvery blue eyes. I'll be back tomorrow. I love you." She stood up after talking to the gravestone for a bit, and reached out to it, and the dream faded away.

"No!" Jolted Biana back to reality.

She dropped Tam's hand and saw Lihn sobbing and watch the doctors reached to unhook Tam from the machines.

"Wait!" Biana cried.

The doctors stopped. "Just give me one last chance to try to wake him up." Biana pleaded.

The doctor holding a clipboard nodded. "One last chance."

Biana turned to Tam, and kissed him, for probably the last time. He was lifeless. He didn't wake up.

Biana sobbed and allowed the doctors to unhook the machines as she heard one last slow beep from the heart rate monitor.

"He'll be dead in about an hour. I'll let you say your goodbyes." The doctors left.

Lihn and Biana clung to each other and cried. Biana climbed onto the bed with Tam and looked at him for a long time.

"You truly loved him didn't you?" Lihn asked.

Biana nodded. "I still do. I'll always love him."

She laced her fingers through his, hoping to feel him hold her hand. He didn't. 

"Let's stay here with him until the end okay?" Lihn said. Biana nodded.