The First "I Love You"

Biana didn't know you could fall for someone so quickly. Tam was her dream guy, and she loved him with all her heart.

He left her sweet notes in her locker and gave her roses.

It was almost time for the school's Heart Day, a Valentine's Day Foxfire held in October, and he'd already hinted he was going all out. 

Biana pleaded with him to tell her, but he refused, saying it ruined the surprise.

So she decided to go all out for him.

She tried her hand at baking, and after multiple attempts and a Google intervention, she managed to make junior mint cookies. 

On Heart Day, the school was an explosion of pink and red. Hearts were taped to lockers, with messages from people.

Biana found at least five secret admirer notes. But she couldn't seem to find one from Tam.

Finally, right before third period, there was a pink heart taped to her locker.

Dear Biana Vacker,

Today's going to be a good day and here's why.

Meet me in the choir room at lunch and you'll see. 

Was written in Tam's neat writing.

At lunch I found myself running to the choir room clutching Tam's gift.

I opened the door and found a pathway of candles leading to the grand piano the choir teacher insisted on having instead of just a keyboard or something.

As if they sensed my presence, someone started playing the piano, and started singing.

I walked down the pathway, recognizing the melody as If I Could Tell Her from Dear Evan Hansen.

I had tears in my eyes by the time my mystery serenader was done.

"Did you like it?" He asked.

Even in the dimly lit choir room I ran to Tam and hugged him. And kissed him. "Thank you so much."

"Well, I knew getting serenaded was on your romance movie bucket list, and I wanted to tell you how I felt."

"I knew you quoted Dear Evan Hansen for a reason! Wait, what?"

"The end of the song. I felt it." He said softly.

I kissed him. "I love you too." I said against his lips.