Chapter 50 - A Godly Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Clint, Tony, and Natasha all nod.

"Phil? Y/n?" Phil nods and you let out a small murmur to let Tony know you're okay.

"Loki?"

Stunned at hearing his real name for the first time from someone other than you, Loki looks up at Tony.

"I-I...yes, I am just fine," Loki answers, then clears his throat, regaining his composure.

Tony smirks. "Good. Explaining to your brother why you turned into a smudge in a HYDRA death camp would be inconvenient."

Clint rolls his eyes and Steve and Natasha both stifle laughs. A sleepy laugh falls from your own lips as you nuzzle in to Loki's chest, but not before glancing up, and seeing the slightest blush in Loki's pale cheeks for the very first time. Tony's small show of concern had really gotten to him. You like that.

"We need to go," Phil says, undeterred. "Loki, are you still okay carrying her?"

The question agitates Loki. "I have wiled entire chests of precious dwarven metals from their king and carried them across the realms as trophies," he huffs. 

"So you're good, then?" Natasha quips sarcastically. 

"Wait, did you saw dwarven?" Clint questions, his curiosity unwillingly piqued. 

"I suggest we keep moving," Phil sighs, rubbing away the start of a headache.

The group takes off once more, Clint lagging behind and mumbling under his breath something about fairies and nonsense. The team moves quickly, ducking into corridors left and right. The compound is massive. And with the power out, it's difficult to stay on track for exfil. Suddenly, a loud, automated voice overhead starts blaring out a countdown.

"SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED. THIS SITE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN FIVE MINUTES"

"Shit," says Tony. "We need to get out of here. Now."

"Uh, Tony? We have another problem," says Nat as she shepherds everyone into a small laboratory room and out of the main hallway. "Look."

As you all step into the small room, you happen to catch a glimpse of a squad of four men in all black uniforms, carrying weapons you don't recognize.

"That's not good," says Phil quietly, with a strange air of unbothered nonchalance.

"Who are they, Phil?" asks Tony.

"Chronicom Hunters. If they're here, they don't plan to let anyone leave alive," he answers. "They're the most elite team of operators in HYDRA's arsenal. They're relentless and ruthless. The only reason we aren't dead is because they haven't found us. Yet."

The group is quiet for a moment, before Steve speaks. "Okay. All right, so we can't go that way. Is there any other way out of here?"

Phil shakes his head. "That's the only way in or out of this place. We have to make it through that corridor, into the elevator on the right hand side, and up three floors. Then we have to hope there's an access tunnel that will take us out. Not to mention we have to do all of that in the next -."

"SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED. THIS SITE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN FOUR MINUTES".

"Four minutes. There you go," Phil finishes, staying unnervingly calm.

The group once more falls silent when suddenly, Steve stands, and starts walking to the door.

"Steve, what the hell are you doing?" Nat hisses, grabbing his arm and dragging him back.

Unfettered (Loki x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara