before i could say anything else, yelling erupted from the other room, causing our heads to turn.

"what was that?" beth questioned, panicking as she held on to lori. "prisoners, survivors. it's all right, stay put."

i nodded, glancing between her and rick before continuing to wrap hershels wound.
_____________

once the bleeding slowed, i decided to step back, and let beth and maggie see him just in case something were to happen.

i grabbed a clean rag before walking out of the cell, cleaning my hands off as best as i could.

glenn stood outside, watching as i neared where he was. he opened his arms, pulling me into a hug, hoping to comfort me.

i sighed, nuzzling my face into his neck, "i wish we didn't let him go. we could've prevented this from happening."

"it could've happened to anyone." glenn assured, tracing circles on my back with his finger.

"what are we gonna do without him? how am i gonna deliver loris baby alone?" i sniffled, knowing i couldn't do it without hershel by my side. he was my partner, i needed him.

"hey, stop it. all right? stop it. he's still here." glenn assured, pulling me away so he could look at me.

"glenn, he's - he's our groups hope. without him, what would we do?" i asked, not wanting a future without hershel in it.

"we've been through so much already. we can't expect it, just prepare for it." glenn muttered, earning a nod from me.

i pulled away from his grip, backing up a bit. "i'm gonna check his stats, make sure he's progressing ." i informed, shoving my hands in my back pockets.

glenn nodded, leading me back into the cell. i grabbed my notebook off the table, writing down the info as i checked everything.

a door opening caught everyone's attention as we turned to look at glenn, who had a clear view of who it was.

"i thought you were organizing the food." glenn stated, watching as carl made his way to the cell with a duffle bag in hand.

"even better. check it out." he smirked, dropping the bag in front of me and carol.

carol gasped, reaching into the bag to grab out gauze, medicine, anything used for medical practice. "where did you get this?" i questioned, turing carl to face me.

"from the infirmary. wasn't much left but I cleared it out." he replied, glancing between me and lori with a proud smirk.

"you went by yourself?" lori asked, earning a nod, "yeah"

my eyes widened, looking to lori, unsure what to say. "are you crazy?" lori questioned, looking at the brown haired boy, "no big deal. i killed two walkers."

i kneeled down, grabbing carl's hands into mine, "carl, do you see this? hershel. this happened with the whole group."

carl shrugged, "we needed supplies so i got them."

"we appreciate that, but-" lori started only to be cut off by her son, "then get off my back." he sneered, looking at her intensely.

"carl!" me and beth scolded, watching the boys eyes dart to us. "she's your mother. you can't talk to her like that." beth informed

lori started to talk, only to be interrupted as carl released my hands, bolting out of the room.

i stood up, glancing between lori and carol, not sure what to say. instead a placed a hand on loris shoulder, giving it a squeeze in reassurance.