Chapter 2: Decisions

3rd POV:

Izuku was sitting there on the ground as All Might came up to him. Izuku was trapped in his thoughts of how much a failure he was and was only knocked out of it when All Might spoke several times as he called Izuku. Izuku looked up to All Might and spoke of how he was a disgrace to the legacy and that he should never have gotten the quirk. As Izuku sat there in his disappointment he reached up and took a hairpiece and offered it to All Might who eyes widened. Yet, the hero never reached for it.

"Why won't you take it... I just got expelled from the best hero school in the country. Doesn't that say enough of how pathetic and a disgrace I am to the legacy?" Izuku asked with tears rolling down his face as he looked up to All Might who eyes only had sorrow in them. "No Izuku... it doesn't. It only speaks to how lazy of a teacher Aizawa is because he knew you only had it for a few months. It's apart of your student file when you updated your quirk registration from quirkless to the superpower quirk. As such, he knew you had zero training in it and would have had a good idea the exam was the first time you used it. This test says nothing about you... if anything it only says amazing things since you went from a full limb to only a finger in damage! That is amazing with this only being the second attempt on using One For All." All Might stated as Izuku broke into tears and hugged All Might. All Might hugged him back and rubbed his back as they sat there for a few minutes.

Soon All Might pulled away and looked at Izuku. "Young Izuku, I can easily talk to the principal and have the expulsion lifted most likely. So let me go do that since you shouldn't be expelled." All Might said as he was about to go do it. However, as he was going to do it, he got stopped by Izuku. "No... I don't want you to do that." Izuku stated and All Might was confused on why Izuku didn't want him to do it. "Young Izuku, if this is about you feeling like you shouldn't be a hero then throw the thoughts out of your mind. You deserve to be a hero more than anyone with the life you went through and yet can still smile and desire to help people." All Might stated and Izuku nodded his head but spoke. The next statement that he heard shocked All Might but also made him proud of the young man before him.

"I know that... I just don't want to go to UA anymore because you had Eraserhead's decision overruled. First, that would cause issues between me and my classmates because they would think I somehow pulled strings which would be true. Two, I don't think I can honestly deal with Eraserhead any time soon due to his bias test, and honestly, I think he purposely moves the ranks around." Izuku stated and All Might was confused and asked for more details which Izuku gave. Izuku explained how overall he was far fitter than Mineta and that all of his test scores from what he remembered were higher than Mineta's except the side-to-side test. "Overall, it doesn't make sense for me to have actually placed last if the final results were averaged together. Even if they weren't, Mineta's sole high score above mine shouldn't place him above me in ranks. I'm not trying to be petty and say he should be expelled over me... it's just how the math works don't make sense unless Eraserhead was using some different ranking system than he explained to us." Izuku stated and All Might realized Izuku was right... there was indeed no way for Mineta to have placed higher than Izuku. Mineta's quirk only helped him on the side-to-side and Izuku outdid Mineta in everything else by larger margins.

Izuku then went on to explain that he believes the test was actually about what potential that Eraserhead saw in the individual people for the final results as a way for him to get rid of anyone he didn't want in the class. Izuku said that he was sure Eraserhead had actual scores for all of their test but that the first-day test was more for Eraserhead's usage of finding who had potential in what and Izuku was deemed pointless since Izuku knew that Eraserhead had expelled an entire class before even though they had flashy quirks. 

"If you aren't going to UA then where do you want to go?" All Might asked Izuku and he was silent for a bit. "There is the best school in the west... Shiketsu High school but it would cost too much for my mother to send me there since it's so far and it's not practical for me to do trips back and forth every day. Otherwise... I need to go to almost a no-name school nearby. There's also the issue of you and me not being near each other so I can receive training under you to learn how to control the quirk." Izuku stated and All Might nodded his head and was thinking. As he thought he came to a decision.