"You don't know that." Asami said, crossing her arms. This was absurd.

"But it's clear. It's right in front of us. Kuvira has demonstrated how the Red Lotus works." Mako explained, tapping his finger on the table.
"They are from the same Guild. It adds up perfectly."

Asami stood up from her seat and gave Mako a glare.
"Korra could've left the Guild. I'm sure the Red Lotus wouldn't go out of their way to heal their contracts and save them."

"We don't know that." Mako responded, taken aback by Asami's rude gestures.
"Captain Beifong was in pretty rough shape when I got into the warehous-"

"That wasn't Korra's doing." Hiroshi cut off the Corporal, knowing full well where his comment was going.
"Even ask the Captain when she has woken up."

"Where were you doing the whole scuffle Mako?" Asami asked, still standing despite the tugs she was getting from her mother.

Mako sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"My squad and I were knocked ou-"

"Exactly, you weren't there. I think you should show Korra a little bit of respect, because without her; you would've failed your job as a guard." Asami spat as she stormed out of the office, slamming her door behind her in the process. Mako still sat at the table, shock ridden all over his face. Yasuko gave her husband a glance before the meeting continued.

<->

The water was cold but there was nothing she could do about that, it didn't really help that she was standing in only chest wrappings and tight shorts. She dipped her coat into the lake and begun to scrub at the blood stains. The murky water of the lake begun to slowly turn a dark red as she scrubbed harder onto her coat; making sure all of it was out her material. Korra swirled the water around, making the red water float some distance away from her so she could start scrubbing her clothes again.
"Let me get this straight." Jinora laughed, kicking a small pebble into the lake Korra was in.
"You slept with Asami?"

"Yes." Korra admitted, smiling at the memory of the morning. She had woken up before Asami like before; seeing her so calm and peaceful like that made her heart flip. Her smile faltered as realisation dawned over her. Korra huffed and splashed water over to where Jinora was. She knew exactly what she meant.
"Not like that!"

"Hey!" Jinora laughed, moving away from the water that was thrown at her. As she looked back to the assassin in the lake, her smirk appeared again. Korra's face was a beat red and she was doing an awful job at trying to cover it up.
"Oh my goodness Korra."

"What?" She responded, dipping her coat into the water one last time.

"You like Asami Sato don't you?"

Korra paused.
"Where on Earth did you get that idea?"

Jinora burst out into a fit of laughter as she saw the assassin's face turn red again.
"It's written all over your face!"

Korra shook her head with a smile, she knew her face was overheating but she couldn't help it. Thinking of the Sato had these effects on her. She didn't want to leave her this morning but she had to. Obvious reasons of course.
"Well, I don't know." Korra mumbled, washing her forearms.
"She's a kind woman.. and pretty too." She admitted, throwing her soaked coat onto the dry land next to Jinora. The younger girl cocked a brow at the assassin. Korra was opening up to her about a possible..crush? Korra caught her bloody shirt as Jinora tossed it over to her, the assassin instantly got to work again.
"Asami liked the rose I gave her. Does that mean anything?"

"You gave her a rose?" Jinora asked, her smile widened even more.
"I wouldn't of guess you were the romantic type Korra."

Korra splashed some more lake water at the girl again.
"Oh hush." She said with a chuckle.

"Anyhow, Asami invited you into her bed." Jinora teased.
"That's got to mean something."

Korra gives the woman a playful glare as she rolls her eyes.
"I should've kept my mouth shut." She said, scrubbing away at her cloth shirt.

"In all seriousness though Korra, I'm glad you're telling me this." The younger woman said, placing the damp coat onto a rock in a way it could dry better.
"I can try and help you if you want? with Asami?"

"How excatly will you help?" Korra snickered, pouring some lake water against her stomach.

"I'm her friend remember. I know more about her than you do." Jinora explained, drying her hands onto a rag that was in her pocket.

Korra thought about it for a moment. Jinora had a point. If the assassin could maybe learn about what Asami likes then maybe she would have a better chance at.. impressing her? Korra sighed, she was never good at this sort of stuff.
"I couldn't. There's a lot going on right now with the Red Lotus and all."

"Understandable. But the offer still stands."

"Thanks Jinora." Korra sighed , chucking her damp shirt out of the water. She pointed to her trousers, motioning for Jinora to toss them to her.
"Make sure my pocket's are empty." She said, swirling her hand around in the water again. She cupped at the clear water and poured it over her face. Jinora nodded and she did what she was requested to do. She dug her hands through a trouser pocket and felt nothing. Once she moved onto the other one, she felt a metallic structure. Jinora raised a brow when she pulled out a small tin from the pocket, before tossing Korra her trousers.
"Thanks." The assassin said, immediately washing the material.

"Korra what's this?" Jinora asked, trailing her finger over the tin.

Korra spun around to see what the woman was on about and smiled.
"Open it and have a look."

Jinora didn't wait to open up the tin, revealing a small photo at the bottom of it. A photo of a happy family of three. The woman gently took the photo in her fingers so she could get a proper look. A smile plastered onto her lips as she recognised features of Korra in each of these people's faces.
"Are these your parents?"

Korra chuckled as she scrubbed onto her trousers with her fingers.
"Yep."

Jinora smiled at the photo, focusing mostly on Korra's eyes and the mother's.
"You have your mother's eyes."

Korra smiled, everyone used to say that. She soon finished up with her trousers and stepped out of the lake, laying out her clothes in a manner where they would dry. The assassin took a seat next to Jinora on a rock and pointed at the photo.
"Senna was my mother."

"The archer?" Jinora asked, earning a chuckle from the short haired girl.

"Yes." She replied and pointed to the man that stood next to Senna in the photo.
"Tonraq was my father."

"He looks like a nice chap." Jinora commented, looking over the mans features. He seemed like a solid man but a gentle husband and father.

"He was, he taught me everything I know. Well, apart from archery of course."
Jinora laughed along with the assassin by her side. She looked at Korra's clothes that were drying and sighed. They would be here for a while, but she didn't mind. Catching up with Korra was fun.