↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"She's been acting strange lately." Caspian noted. "Do you think it's the mist?" Edmund asked. "I don't know. There could be something much bigger going on." Caspian suggested.

She shut the door behind her and took off the cloak Drinian had given her and she climbed into the bed.

"Emily, darling. You know deep down, that these are all true. Trust me. These people don't love you. Come with me and I will show you what love is." the white witch whispered, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Then a flash towards the man from the Lone Islands. "Ahh. princess. I see you've returned. Come to finish what we started." the man smirked. "I'll show you what real love is."

Lightning flashed and Emily awoke frightened of the dream she just had.

She didn't know if it was real or not. Or was it the sea playing tricks on her mind just like Drinian said.

Emily sighed, putting her hands over face, realising that her face was wet. She must have been crying in her dream. From everything that happened.

Emily got out of her bed and made her way to Edmund's room. When she walked in, it was dark and she could barely see him. Maybe he wasn't even in bed.

As she walked closer, noticing he was awake before she could say anything Edmund pulled out his sword and pointed it at her. Her eyes widened, and she gasped.

"Woah, there calm down. It's just me." Emily held her hands up in defence, making Edmund jump. "Why've you got your sword out. Not trying to murder me, are you?" She tried to joke.

"No. It's just- I thought-- nevermind." He stuttered. "What's wrong?" He asked, sitting up, noticing something was wrong.

"Can I sleep here? I had a bad dream." Emily asked. "Yeah." He moved over a bit so Emily could get in the bed. The two of them lay in the bed in silence.

"Who did you think I was when I came in here?" Emily broke the silence. Edmund paused. "I- I thought I saw the White Witch." He answered.

"I had a horrible dream about her." Edmund paused again. "It's my fault really."

"What do you mean, it's your fault?" Emily sat up and facing him on her side, propping her elbow up to keep herself up.

"Well, you're afraid of the White Witch because I dragged you there and I put you in danger." Edmund turned to face her. "Okay first of all, I followed you because I knew if you were alone Peter would have probably killed you. And secondly, I was curious to what the bloody hell you were doing." Emily reasoned with him. The two fell in silent again.

"Em?" Edmund asked. "Yeah?" she answered.

"What really happened when you were taken by the slave traders?" he asked. Emily sat up and looked down at him.

"Nothing. Nothing happened. I told you." she defended. "Em, I've known you for 2 years now, I know when you're lying. I'm not stupid." Edmund said, sitting up as well.

"I told you. It's nothing." Emily defended. "Em." Edmund said sternly, grabbing her right arm, making her wince.

"What was that?" he asked. "What was what?" Emily asked. "You winced." Edmund raised a brow at her.

"No. No I didn't." She lied. Edmund grabbed her wrist as lifted her sleeve to see the words carved on her arm 'pretty little slut'. "Oh my god, Em." Edmund gasped at her. "Did he do this to you?" he asked, looking at her. 

Emily avoided eye contact but slowly nodded, a tear slipping down her cheek as she looked down.

Edmund bought her arm up to his lips and kissed it. Emily looked at him, confused. "Em, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you anymore. I promise." he said, cupping her cheeks and wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

Emily looked down. "Em, look at me." Edmund demanded.

She looked up at him. "You are not a slut, okay? I need you to know that you aren't whatever disgusting things he told you. You are the most beautiful and amazing girl I know. Please don't let one horrible, disgusting man tell you otherwise." Edmund told her.

Emily was shocked at his words. She had never heard him say any of those things about her before. There was only one thing she could think of doing that she knew she was going to regret.

Emily leaned forward and kissed him. Their first kiss. Edmund immediately kissed back, cupping her cheek with one hand.

Emily moved to straddle his lap, still kissing. Edmund's hands placed on Emily's waist while hers were tangled in his hair. The both pulled away, needing air, both of them staring into each others eyes, Edmund looking up at her.

Edmund leaned back in to kiss her, to which Emily immediately kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

The two continued to kiss, their hands roaming each others bodies. Edmund broke away from Emily's lips, kissing down her jaw, and then down to her neck.

He paused when he reached the fabric of his own shirt from ages ago. "Is this okay?" Edmund asked, looking up at her. "Yes. I trust you." She told him, kissing his forehead. "You once told me not to trust anyone." He smirked. "Well, fuck that." He moved back to kissing her neck and slowly undid the buttons of the shirt.

—AUTHOR'S NOTE

if you are ever struggling with self-harm or suicide please send me a message in my inbox, i promise i will not judge you. i have been there before and i feel horrible bottling up my emotions  and i now i still can't express my emotions because i'm so good at masking them behind a smile. please also call the suicide numbers to help. or visit this website https://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/suicide/

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷