38 | one dance

Começar do início

"We are, and you're going, too,"

I don't understand.

"What?"

"What what?"

"I'm not going,"

"Um, yes, you are? Who signed your papers then?"

"What-" I stuttered, but then it got me thinking.

If I didn't sign the papers, someone else did. One of them has already betrayed you. This must be it, the person will definitely go on the trip and that's my chance to get to know who it is.

I just wonder who would do that.

We apparated from Hogsmeade to the front of the Malfoy manor. It wasn't so long ago when I spent the night in here, in Draco's bed.

There's a crowd of people outside of the house, talking and holding drinks in their hands. They're all in suits and women in beautiful dresses, making the house look like a whole palace.

When we entered, the loud classical music and sounds from the crowd of people immediately hit our ears.

"I say let's steal some bottles and go to-" started Theo, but someone interrupted him.

"Welcome, my lovely boys," greeted the Narcissa and hugged then both with her arms.

She came with Draco by her side, who immediately examined my choice of dress from up to down. By the look on his face, he's glad I didn't forget to dress up this time. Then, Narcissa gladly helped me, but now, she doesn't even look at me. She's still mad about the diary, I assumed. I don't blame her.

I don't want things to be like that between us. We started off as good friends and I don't want to end it by my one stupid mistake. She's a good woman and I felt like she treats me like her daughter.

When we moved to the dancing room, Draco waited for me to join me. I didn't look at him, but I was totally aware of his presence and was looking forward for what's to come. A compliment on my dress, maybe? Or just another mocking...

"I see you came in dress today," he says and grabs me by my elbow as we walk through the dancing room full of people.

"A nice one, right?"

I felt his eyes on me again from my side.

"A nice one, indeed," he said and smiled.

"Are you here alone? Or did you bring a guest?" I asked when we got to the table with alcohol.

"I did," he nodded and poured whiskey into his glass.

"Oh, who's the lucky girl?" I rolled my eyes and went for already prepared martini's.

"You,"

I'd be lying if I said this didn't make my heart warm and my skin blush, I'd be a total liar.

"Wrong. I'm no one's guest tonight. I just came here for this," I said and rised my martini to clink against his glass.