now, he was taking a step towards that dream and with someone new by side. someone that he hoped to be with forever. someone he had yet known he'd fall for.

and he's going to share every moment with that person. with the person that made him smile again.

he is, isn't he?

"these are the top ten soldiers of the 104th cadet squad! now..

..devote your hearts!"

you sat down with sasha, connie, and eren's group of friends.

everyone enjoyed the delicious food that was prepared while sharing jokes and stories from the first time you all met.

turns out sasha and connie met during detention the day you official met eren and his friends. sasha was there because she was fooling around during the first training with the ODM gear.

and it was only right for her to met jean and you. since you two bunked in the same barracks you'd see each other from time to time but you never actually talked and meeting her was one of the best things that's ever happened to you.

she's one of the funniest people you've ever met, aside from you of course.

then there was annie. one of your favorite people.

ymir would constantly tease you two about being in love but you always brushed it off as a joke.

it's not like that word came easy to you. jean could easily say it to his mother and sasha doesn't mind saying it to her friends and most of them will say it back.

unlike them, you and annie grew up without knowing your real parents so saying i love you to the people you took you in seemed weird. especially since you both grew up with people who trained you to become strong.

you don't know exactly what love is. armin used to tell you about it because of all the books he's read so he's given you an idea about what it is.

but that doesn't stop you from caring about people.

you cared about eren, armin, sasha, jean, and connie. they were important to you as much as levi, annie, hange, and erwin.

⁽ᵃ/ⁿ: ˢᵒʳʳʸ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐⁱᵏᵃˢᵃ ʸᵉᵗ :/⁾

"god can't you just shut up! congrats for getting 10th place but if you keep bragging about it you're going to wish you never joined training corps!" connie joked, well you helped he did.

he kept shoving bread in her mouth to shut her up.

you all just laughed at how quickly she ate one of the breads and threw the rest at connie.

"dammit sasha... better what yourself." connie murmured.

"c'mon you guys. don't waste food like that." marco spoke and as comforting as ever.

you always enjoyed hearing his voice, especially when he was reading or describing something. it was strong yet sweet.

you looked over at eren, rolling your eyes jokingly and bumping his shoulder. he bumped you back and although on the outside his face was all tuff in the inside he was beyond happy.