↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

Emily rolled her eyes, running down the steps and opening the door. "Now, Ed! Signal the troops!" Peter shouted from the courtyard. "I'm a bit busy, Pete." Edmund shouted back struggling against the guard. "Well, Em. Cant you see I'm struggling here." Edmund added.

"No. I was just thinking of standing here and watch him push you off the tower." Emily replied sarcastically. "A little help please?"

"Fine." Emily threw her dagger making the guard fall to the ground. "You could've have done that a bit sooner." Edmund reminded her. "Yeah, but. I wanted to watch you suffer." She joked, smiling at herself. "Yeah, bloody hilarious."

That's when the guard got up again, pulling the dagger out from his back and throwing it to the side. Emily and Edmund's eyes widened. The guard immediately took a swing at Edmund, to which he barely dodged.

"Em? Are you doing to help me this time?" Edmund asked, as he dodged another jab. Emily looked around, noticing the torch on the floor. She grabbed the torch and hit the guard across the head as hard as she could, knocking him out.

"Well, that's one way of helping." Edmund spoke up, shocked. "Your welcome." She handed him his torch.

He tried tapping it against his hand but it wouldn't turn on. "You've only gone and broken my bloody torch." Edmund gaped, looking up at Emily and then down at his torch. "Uh.. your welcome? I just saved you from being first of all thrown off the tower, because you were an idiot and dropped your torch while trying to be cool. And second of all, i saved you from getting stabbed." Emily argued.

She snatched the torch out of his hands and tapped the end of it and then the sides. After tapping it a couple of times, she frowned and quickly opened up the small hatch to where the batteries were.

She took out the batteries out. "Hey, hey, hey, what are you doing?" Edmund asked her trying to take the torch back from her.

"Shut up! I'm trying to concentrate and make this stupid plan work and you are distracting me." she said, turning her back to him.

Emily put the batteries back in and put the little hatch back on and turned on the torch. When the torch turned on, Emily smiled before flashing the torch to give the signal. And now it had begun.

It was all a blur. Emily watched as many Narnians fell to the ground after being stabbed. She moved to grab her bow, when Edmund looked down at her. "Em, Em! What are you doing?" Edmund asked, as she pulled out her bow, aiming it at another archer on the tower.

"Uh, making sure that those people down there don't get slaughtered." She told him in an obvious tone. "Em, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Edmund warned her. But of course, she didn't listen. She shot an arrow at the archer, killing him.

The archers friend next to him looked to where the arrow came from, locating it and pointing towards Emily and Edmund's tower. "Come on, we need to go. There are some guards heading our way." Edmund dragged Emily by the arm and down the steps and above where archers were lined up ready to shoot at Peter.

The two watched as they all lined up. "Ed, don't do what I think you're going to do." Emily whispered at him. Of course, Edmund didn't listen. He jumped over the roof and slid down knocking off one of the archers.

"Ed! Look out!" Emily shouted making him turn to look at the other archers that were looking at him. He ran as the shot arrows at him. Hopefully, he was safe.