↳ CHAPTER NINETEEN

Start from the beginning

Emily sighed and closed her eyes and allowed herself to once again, sleeping in Edmund Pevensie's arms.

Edmund awoke to Susan lightly tapping him. He frowned, opening his eyes to see Emily's back. He was even more confused. He was sure that he had fallen asleep the opposite way.

He awkwardly removed his hand from Emily's waist. He sat up, rubbing his eyes as Susan explained what happened. He picked up his shield and sword before lightly shaking Emily awake, whispering her name.

"Ugh! go away!" she groaned. "Wake up, Em. It's Lucy and Peter. They've disappeared." Edmund whispered. "Oh yeah. Terrible. Well, it's best if we just leave them. We'll be fine on our own." she mumbled, yawning and turning over on her other side.

"I vote leaving her." Trumpkin said. "Hold on." Edmund grabbed Emily and pulled her straight out of her sleep and up on her feet. Emily punched his arm again to which he laughed and stood up. "What was that for? I was having a great sleep!" Emily scolded him.

"Okay, whatever. We're leaving now." Trumpkin rolled his eyes before walking off with Susan following behind. "I bloody hate you, you know that." Emily picked up her bow and arrows, giving him a small glare.

"Oh, come on. We all know you love me." Edmund shot back. "Keep dreaming, Pevensie." Emily chuckled before walking off. They both walked until they caught up with Susan and Trumpkin.

"PETER!" Susan shouted. The four of them looked around to see many Narnians. Emily looked to see a boy holding Peter's sword and a girl who looked like her holding another sword at Peter.

Emily frowned, looking frightened at the sight. "Is it just me or do I see two Emily's..?" Edmund asked, looking between the two.

"I-" Emily began before remembering and hitting him on the chest. "Ow! What was that for?" he asked. "You remember when I told you about my twin sister? Well, I'm guessing that's her." Emily pointed out.

"Oh. And can you stop hitting me. It's not nice." Edmund pointed out. "Oh, I'm so sorry. My king." she bowed down towards him sarcastically.  "High King Peter." Caspian gaped. "I believe you called." Peter smiled, sheepishly.

"Well, yes, but.. I thought you'd be older.." Caspian said looking at him. "Well, if you like, we could come back in a few years.." Peter turned to leave.

"No. No, that's all right. You're just.. not what I expected." Caspian replied looking at all of them then Susan. His gaze lingered on Susan for a lot longer than the rest of them. "Oh, we've got an admirer on our hands." Emily whispered to Edmund who ignored her comment.

"Neither are you.." Edmund eyed the minotaur. "A common enemy reunites even the oldest of foes." A badger replied. "We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service." A mouse appeared, bowing before Peter.

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute." Lucy whispered to Susan. "Who said that!" The mouse asked pulling out his sword and frantically pointing it around.

"Sorry.." Lucy replied, awkwardly. "Oh. Uh.. your majesty. With greatest respect, I do believe 'courageous', 'courteous', or 'chivalrous' might more befit a knight of Narnia." The mouse replied, sheathing his sword back. "Well at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter said, smiling.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire." Reepicheep added. "Good. Because we're gonna need every sword we can get." Peter turned towards Caspian.