"What is it now, Ginnerbrick?" a woman's voice asks from the sleigh. "Make him let me go! I didn't do anything wrong!" Edmund panicked. "How dare you address the Queen of Narnia!" The dwarf kept the knife held to his throat.

"I didn't know.." Edmund said. "You will know her better hereafter" The dwarf raised the knife, about to stab Edmund, he closes his eyes and turns his head away waiting for the impact of the knife. "Wait.."

Edmund opened his eyes, and looked to see a woman emerge from the sleigh, dressed all in white as if she was going to a wedding. Edmund sat up, staring at the woman. "What is your name, Son of Adam?" the woman asks.

"Uh, Edmund" he asked, glancing at the dwarf then back at the woman. He stood up from the snow. "And how, Edmund, did you come to enter my dominion?" she asks, clearly offended.

"I-I'm not sure. I was just following my sister.." Edmund spoke. "Your sister? How many are you?" The woman asks, intrigued. "Four.. We'll, five but Emily isn't part of the family." Edmund ranted, not knowing what he had done.

The dwarf raised his eyebrows, giving the witch a look. "Lucy's the only one that's been here before. She said she met some faun called.. Tumnus. Peter, Susan and Emily didn't believe her. I didn't either.." Edmund carried on before the witch interrupted.

"Edmund.. you look so cold. Will you come and sit with me?" she asked. Edmund looked down at the dwarf and then back at the woman, but she immediately turned away. Edmund followed after her and joined her on the sleigh.

She sat on the sleigh, smiling at Edmund as he stepped on. She held out her fur coat and wrapped it around him as he sat down. "Now.. How about something hot to drink?" the witch asked. Edmund hesitated. "Yes, please.. your majesty"

The witch pulled out a vile from her coat and poured a small drop onto the snow and it formed into a goblet filled with hot chocolate. Edmund watched as the goblet formed and the dwarf picked it up and held it out for him. "Your drink, sire."

Edmund took it from the dwarf. "How did you do that?" he asked before taking a sip. "I can make anything you like." the witch answered. "Can you make me taller?" Edmund asked, looking up at her and licking his lips from previously drinking the hot chocolate. The witch laughed. Edmund took another sip from the goblet. "Anything you'd like to eat."

Edmund hesitated, wanting to see if she was actually telling the truth. "Turkish Delight?" The witch raised her eyebrows before turning and pouring another drop onto the snow.

A circular box appeared on the snow and the dwarf picked it up and handed it to Edmund. The witch took the goblet out of Edmunds hand and gave it to the dwarf and he took the sweets from the dwarfs hand.

The dwarf threw the goblet and it hit the tree, turning back into the snow again. Edmund wrapped the paper and picked out one of the sweets, immediately eating it.

"Edmund. I would very much like to meet the rest of your family. And whoever this Emily girl is.." she said, interrupting his enjoyment. He frowned. "Why? They're nothing special." He answered, the flour from the sweets covered his lips.

He picked another sweet from the box. The witch picked Ginnerbrick's hat off of his head and started wiping Edmund's mouth with it.

"Oh, I'm sure they're not nearly as delightful as you are." She handed back the hat to which Ginnerbick wiped off the flour. "But you see Edmund, I have no children of my own. And you are exactly the sort of boy who I could see, one day, becoming Prince of Narnia." she said, while stroking his hair. "Maybe even King.."