Chapter 30: Our tale goes on

Beginne am Anfang

Evalynn helps her put on her uniform, "are you excited to see Lizzie and Hope?" She smiles at Diana, "yes mom, can I hang out with them after school tonight?" Diana gives her mom her best puppy eyes, "fine, but you know the rules, your dad and I will pick you up at 7 in the boarding house," she pinches Diana's cheek playfully as she speaks, "thanks mom!" Diana said happily, "now go eat your breakfast, I'm sure your dad made some pancakes," Diana runs to the kitchen as fast as she could the second she heard the word pancakes.

"Morning princess!" Kai pulls her into a hug as soon as he saw her, but Diana pushed him away, "where are my pancakes dad?" She asks her dad, Kai sighed then starts giggling, he puts Diana on the stool and she saw a plate filled with blueberry pancakes in front of her, her expressions turned to happy and joy from anger and disappointed real quick, "you are hanging out with Hope and Lizzie today?" Kai stands across her on the other side of the kitchen island.

She nodded as she chews the pancakes she stuffed in her mouth, Kai went to the fridge and pour her a glass of orange juice, "thanks dad," Diana took the orange juice, "when is Damon and Elena gonna visit us? I miss them, and uncle Stefan and Caroline too," she added. Damon and Elena moved to New York a few years ago, they do visit the rest of the Scooby gang a lot, as for Stefan and Caroline, Stefan lives with Caroline in her old house but they went to Paris a few weeks ago, for business.

"I'm sure they will be back soon sweetheart," Kai pats her head, Evalynn walks into the living room and gives Kai a morning kiss on his cheek, Diana starts giggling as she saw them, "what are you laughing at princess, care to share with the rest of the class?" Kai gives her a smile, but before he could say anything else he felt a sharp pain on his shoulder, he looks down only to found out a fork is placed 'gently' in his chest.

Evalynn's mouth formed an 'o' shape, Kai quickly turn around facing his back to his daughter as he doesn't want her to see the blood dripping down his shoulder. Evalynn pulls the fork out of his shoulder and hands him a towel, she turns to Diana who has a guilty look on her face. "Sweetheart you wanna explain to me what was that?" Evalynn's voice sounds really calm and peaceful, she knew it was nothing to Kai, but she is still a little bit mad, what if Diana hurts someone at school. "Sorry mom, I got excited, and I lost control," Diana looks at the plate and starts playing with her pancakes.

Kai cleans up the blood on him and quickly turns around as Evalynn asks their daughter where did she get her magic, "shh," he whispers to Diana tries to tell her to zip it but it was too late. "Dad let me siphoned from him last night when you weren't looking, and he told me not to tell you, sorry mom," Kai gasps at her words, "traitor," he whispers. Evalynn walks towards Diana, "honey I forgive you, it wasn't your fault alright? But you shouldn't listen to your dad, and please don't do anything in school today, just try your best okay? I promise you we will find out something to help you with it." She pulls Diana into a hug.

Later Kai drives her to the boarding school, it was a 5 minute car ride, "sorry dad," Diana turns around and looks at him with her puppy eyes, Kai suddenly noticed how much she looks like himself, the same eyes, she is a mini Kai, literally, even the same personality, which gives him a headache whenever he thinks about it. "It wasn't your fault but you promised you wouldn't tell your mom!" Kai protests.

"No candy for you today," Kai said with a smirk, "what? That's not fair, you are just bullying me for no reason at this point dad." The little girl pouts again, "you just sold me out like 20 minutes ago! Your mom is gonna give me a lecture after I get back, and no sex for me this week," he whispers the last part to himself. "Get over it dad, what are you gonna do, cry?" Diana looks at him unamused, she stretches her palm out, "what?" Kai looks at her, "candy! Please dad, just once, I promise I won't sell you out again." Diana smiles at him.