"We can do it" I said after a while, my voice quiet as someone's footsteps made their way towards the living area and kitchen. I looked up at Natasha, our eyes locking as I nodded my head once to try and reassure her. "I know we can" I encouraged, Natasha nodding her head as she clutched her mug and hand to her chest, her other arm folded beneath it. "I hope we can" she told me, looking past me at whoever was making their way to the kitchen, my hands wrapping around my half empty mug. "That's the runt coming for their coffee" Natasha mumbled as she looked over the top of her mug, my head turning to see who had woken up.

Steve took the steps up to the kitchen in one stride, his hands pushed into the pockets of his sweatpants as he raised his eyebrows playfully. "I can hear you, you know" he said to her, running his hand through his wild hair as he made his way over to me. "Good" Natasha replied, taking a long gulp from her mug as Steve wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Morning" he said to me, kissing the top of my head as he rested his chin on the crown on my head, my hand resting on his wrist. "Hi" I said, running my thumb over his skin that was still warm from his rest, his hand squeezing my shoulder slightly.

"It's too early for that" Natasha said, holding her hand out at us as she turned her head to the side. "I'm nauseated" she added with a quick roll of her eyes, a smile dancing on my face as Steve let out a quick laugh. "Then don't look" he retorted, kissing the top of my head once again before letting me go, my shoulders feeling bare without his arm holding them. "Coffee?" he asked, Natasha folding one arm over her chest as the other held her mug to her lips. "In the pot" I told him, Nat moving out of the way as she let him past to grab the last of the coffee, that I had made this morning before having to brew more. I watched as he pulled a mug from the cabinet, pouring the coffee into it before setting it on the countertop beside him.

"Did you sleep alright?" Natasha asked him as he poured more coffee into the filter, the red head standing at the side of the island with her hands flat on either side of her mug. "As well as you did, I imagine" he replied as she nodded her head, looking over at me as I pressed out a small smile. "This is either going to be the greatest thing we have done or the stupidest" Steve said as he poured water into the coffee pot, closing the lid as it began brewing, his lips on his mug as he took a large gulp and finished about half the cup. "And we have done some pretty stupid things" he added, Natasha letting out a small laugh as I raised my eyebrow in reply, looking between the pair of them.

"We destroyed the biggest intelligence firm in the world" Natasha said, a smile tugging the corner of her mouth as she stared absently ahead of her at the memory. It feels like it could have been a lifetime ago now since the day SHIELD fell and I let Bucky almost kill me. "Sunk it to the bottom of the Potomac actually" I corrected, causing Steve to let out a breath of a laugh through his nose as he ran a free hand through his hair. "Wasn't our finest work" he said, Natasha looking over at him before casting her eyes towards me and back at the blonde super soldier quickly. "You drowned" she said, turning her head to look at me as she pointed a finger in my direction. "You were in a medically induced coma for 2 weeks" she said, shaking her head as I scrunched my nose at the remembrance of not being able to speak for a month.

"I would say it was the exact opposite of our finest work" she finished, making me laugh as I crossed my arms over my chest, slouching on the stool as I nodded my head in agreement. "Well, we can add this to the list of stupid things we do then" I told her, making her nod as she picked up her mug, motioning it towards me as she turned to the side. "It's one long list" she said to me before walking away, making her way down the steps and back towards her room to get ready for today's heavy mission. "Don't get me started on our list of stupid things" Steve said to me as I turned my head back to look at him, a smirk on his face as I let out a small scoff.

"The first thing on mines is agree to the SSR espionage mission" I joked, making him laugh as he walked over to me, leaning forward as I closed my eyes, bowing my head slightly. He pressed his lips into my forehead, one of his hands smoothing down the back of my hair before resting against the back of my neck. I let out a small sigh as I rested my head against his chest, the pair of us remaining like that for a short while as I listened to his heart beat rhythmically. This was the calm before the storm.

We just had no idea how bad this storm was going to be.

——

A/N: this is just a small filler chapter for you all, a calm before the storm (ahaha sew what i did there?)
once again sorry not very inconsistent uploads recently, i've been super stressed out and I will not lie, I have no idea what is going to happen on the story from here on out so it may take me a while to hash out a decent plot point and a couple of chapters so PLEASE BEAR WITH ME :)))
anyway please do not forget to vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: this is just a small filler chapter for you all, a calm before the storm (ahaha sew what i did there?) once again sorry not very inconsistent uploads recently, i've been super stressed out and I will not lie, I have no idea what is going to h...