When he left, she tugged on the bottom half of her pyjamas. It was a pale pink satin thing that felt nice against her skin. She yanked them on and tied the ribbons into a sloppy bow. She took a quick glimpse of her reflection. Her shirt had gotten a little small, displaying a slit of unblemished skin at her flat belly. She was presentable at least.

     The second Angelina stepped off the staircase and entered the brightly lit kitchen, she was surprised to see all the chairs of the long table was filled except one beside Dani who spotted her first mid-sip of her juice.

     The banter between Drake and Riley abruptly cut off, like a string of a violin suddenly snapping.

     She pasted a tight-lipped grin on her face. She had to remind herself that they weren't really the enemies at present state. They were going to help her find her baby sister. She had to make some kind of effort despite the hostility in their eyes as she took a seat.

     The scrape of the chair made the leaden silence worse. She would stab her eye just to get out of the awkward dinner but she had to be somewhat sociable.

     "Thanks for letting me join." She spoke to no one in particular.

     The silence was killing her. Beside her, Riley stared intently at the red wine in her glass. She was donned in a sweater dress that accentuated her feminine curves.

     Dani coughed into her fist, slicing her knife through a thick steak.

     A woman appeared from the kitchen with a steaming plate balanced on her palm. She hastily set the ceramic in front of Angelina. "Here you go."

     Before she could say thanks, the woman fled.

     She. Literally. Fled.

     The food on the plate was still warm since steam wafted up, teasing her nose. There was a medium-rare steak soaked in mushroom sauce and roasted vegetables scooped on the side with some rosemary and spice. It smelt delicious.

     "Something wrong with the food?" Mason asked, a hint of challenge in his tone.

     She realised he was trying to bait her.

     She hid her annoyance well and lifted her gaze. Those hazel eyes pinned her into place. "Thank you for the food. It looks lovely." Angelina grinned.

     "Brontë is a good chef." He replied, running his knife along the middle of his own steak.

     "She makes the best clam soup." Dani piped up. She kept glancing between Angelina and Mason as if she was bracing to see plates flying and cups smashing against the wall.

     "You're awfully chatty tonight babe." Casper leaned back from his seat, eyeing the woman with fire.

     Dani rolled her eyes. "Shut up Cas. I'm not in the mood to kick your ass."

     "Don't worry. I want the delicate caress of your hand tonight."

     Drake gagged.

     Riley clapped her hands over her face, groaning.

     Mason merely glanced down at his plate, particularly focused with carving his meat into pieces.

     Angelina tugged on the hem of her shirt in discomfort.

     Why hadn't she noticed the sexual tension between the two?

     Were they mates?

     She didn't detect any mating scent between the two but it was obvious they were more than just friends and everyone at the table were well aware of their hot exchanges.