huit

huit. vote & comment if lily and marlene are the best 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

 vote & comment if lily and marlene are the best 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

Cassiopeia was shaken awake by professor McGonagall. "P-Professor? What are you doing here?"

Professor McGonagall looked quite traumatised and shook her head. "You need to come with me. No questions on the way."

Cassiopeia was confused but she knew something bad happened. She just hoped it had nothing to do with Voldemort. They made their way towards Headmaster Dumbledore's office. Cassiopeia's heartbeat quickened.

Arriving, Cassiopeia noticed three familiar faces. "James, Sirius? Snape? What's going on?"

She had never seen James Potter look angry before. But the way he looked couldn't compare to the anger in his voice. "I'll tell you what's fucking going on. This absolute nutter told Snape to come to the Whomping Willow tonight."

Cassiopeia was confused. "But Remus?"

"That's the point, Cass. He wanted to prank Snape, can you believe that? Not only putting Remus and himself in danger but Snape as well!" James looked close to a panic attack.

Cassiopeia drowned out Sirius's apologies and went towards James. She looked him deep into his eyes and hesitantly threw her arms around him. She felt him freeze before slowly melting into the hug and throwing his hands around her waist.

The moment didn't last long, for Severus Snape scoffed loudly. "The werewolf is dangerous, he should be thrown out of school, sent to Azkaban even! Along with Black, Potter and Pettigrew."

Professor McGonagall turned, slowly. "You will never say such gruesome things ever again, you hear me? Potter saved you, he could've let you die but he didn't. Pettigrew and Lupin, they are completely innocent and are not to blame. As for Black, he will face his punishment. As will you for hexing first year Muggle-borns and breaking curfew."

"Return to your dormitory, Mister Snape." Dumbledore said with such a force he immediately obliged.

Before he could leave however, Cassiopeia grabbed his arm. "You disgust me."

After he left, Dumbledore turned to her. "You're surely wondering why we woke you, Cassiopeia. Remus is at a very low point right now and he needs someone who wasn't involved in this mess, his best friend. He will try to make you leave but do—,"

"I won't. Leave him, I mean. Where is he?" Cassiopeia interrupted the old man.

Only moments later, Cassiopeia laid down next to Remus at the Hospital Wing. She held him gently while he cried.

"Why would he do it, Cassie?" His voice broke. "Why would he do this to me? To us?"

Her heart couldn't help but break slightly as she saw just how broken he was. It was in that moment when she knew. Remus Lupin fancied the shit out of Sirius Black.

And after what he just did, she wasn't sure the marauders had a future anymore.

After Remus fell asleep, Cassie went back to Dumbledore's office. He had asked her for a conversation in private.

"Cassiopeia. How are you?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

She furrowed her brows. "Just peachy, Professor. Why am I here?"

He sighed. "This type of conversations are never easy. I am so incredibly sorry." He paused. "Your parents were found dead, they've been murdered."

It was completely silent, if Cassiopeia didn't know any better, she'd say it was silent for about three hours before she reacted.

"Who? M—, Murdered them, I mean," Her voice sounded hoarse.

"Bellatrix Lestrange."

THE DAILY PROPHET

Tragic Deaths by Death Eaters
Eight new Muggle and Muggle-born deaths by followers of the rising Dark Wizard named Voldemort.
Remember their names and pray for the lost souls.

William Jones
Marielle Jones
Sean Kind
Julliet Mars
Anne Lunde
Bru Peiza
Steve L'ampere
Susan L'ampere

Cassiopeia was missing the next week, her friend's worries only faltering slightly after seeing the Daily Prophet.

Peter tried to be optimistic. "Well at least you know that she's not dead?"

They all shared a look of disbelief and prayed that Cassiopeia was okay.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Cassiopeia returned to school two weeks later. Lily was the first person to notice her entering the Common Room. "I am so sorry Cassie! They were wonderful people and didn't deserve that. They were so proud of you. Are you alright?"

Cassiopeia gave her a weak smile and thanked her. Marlene and Alice shared their hugs with each other and didn't ask her how she felt, which she was grateful for.

Dorcas and Mary rushed to the Gryffindor Common Room, having received special permission from Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall, and offered their condolences.

With Cassiopeia's return she had learned that Remus and Sirius had made up thanks to James and Peter's teamwork.

She had also learned that Professor Slughorn apparently started singing about Professor Dumbledore in one of his lessons. . . he was an interesting man, that's for sure.

The loss of her parents wasn't easy on Cassiopeia. But having her girls by her side everywhere she went, sure as hell made it a lot easier.