Chapter 2

I sat down next to the stream━my chin rest on my knees as I tried to hide to the fact my father died. When I got home, I noticed that my mother wasn't home, meaning that she probably haven't heard of the news. When she got home, she saw me sitting on their bed━holding the cape and the patch with tears streaming down my cheeks. The two of us embrace with sadness as we mourned about our beloved man in our lives.

My eyes are red and I can feel my orbs getting more and more empty. My body is sore and weak and I think my soul just left my body. My heart is absolutely broken right now. "Without my father, whose gonna tell more stories about the Titans or tell what the outside world looks like.." I thought as I hid myself further down so people won't pity me.

I heard faint calls of my name as I pop my head out a little, only to see Eren with Mikasa and Armin running up to me. I was about to tell them to be quiet but Armin immediately tackled me to a hug.

"Mia, I'm so sorry for what happened to your dad!" He cried

My frown deepened as I pulled away from Armin's embrace, "Thanks... for your concern.." I mumbled

I heard Armin gasped at my reaction. In reality, I would always hug him━whether a protective hug or just a friendly one. I always like Armin's hugs, but right now, I just don't feel like it. 

The trio sat around and Eren started grumbling about his mom stopping him from joining the Scouts and how badly he just wants to go to the outside world and just be free. Armin told him it's because of the walls and the government policies, no one even dared to speak about what's outside and Eren just dissed on the statement, which led to Mikasa scolding him. 

"Why do I care?! You ratted me out either way," He fired back, which alarmed me

"What? Your parents knew about you joining the Scouts?" I asked

Eren looked back at me, "Yeah, and they're not happy about it," He answered

I sighed as my gaze went back to the stream as Armin spoke again, "It's sad, what most people here are willing to settle for in exchange for some fleeting sense of security, you know?" He stated as a strong wind blew, "And made no mistake, it absolutely is fleeting. The walls can't hold forever," I shivered at his choice of words

"Only a matter of time.." He finished, along with the strong wind

Only a mere seconds of silence and a loud crack of lighting was heard outside and a intense earthquake erupted, making the four of us fall off our seats. I was so shock that I wasn't able to stand up from the ground. 

"Hey, Armin! Wait up!" I heard Eren called out for his best friend 

Mikasa helped me up as we ran with Eren to catch up with Armin. I saw people who assembled at the at the center of town. They were looking and pointing on top of the wall as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey Armin! What's wrong? Talk to us," I called out 

His eyes were glued to the top of the wall as I whipped my head to the commotion. I gasped when a saw a flesh hand gripping the top━crushing it. There was steam everywhere as a flesh head slowly erupted from behind the wall. We all knew it was a titan━a titan that is taller than the wall. There was a few moment of silence as I noticed that the titan was moving, "Is it gonna destroy the wall?!" I panicked as I took a step back. All of a sudden, there was a booming sound and rocks and boulders started flying all over Shinganshina. I slowly sat up and to only see and hear screams, yells, wails and sobbing started to echo around the city. Building and houses are destroyed. Dust, smoke, dead bodies and blood were everywhere. Families were desperate to get their loved ones out of their death as other people tried to escape the battlefield.