꧁ ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖 // 𝕀𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 // ℂ𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 ℙ𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷 - 𝔸𝚗𝚍 𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 ꧂

Start from the beginning

𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗙𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗹

𝗔𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝘆: rose_anselina
𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗟𝗲𝗮, 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗽𝗸𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝗼 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽!!

© 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝘆𝘀𝘀𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗵𝘅𝗼𝘅𝗼 | 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
© 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗥𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗱

𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 - 𝟮𝟱𝘁𝗵 𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟮𝟲𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭

꧁・ ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖 ・꧂

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥'𝕤 .𝕆.𝕍

The president spun around in his chair, a thoughtful look on his face. He looked down at the tablet in his hands. The names of everybody in the whole world spreaded out vast in front of him, and their lives. He could ruin them in the click of a button. His finger hovered above the "Activate all" switch. He'd made sure not to include his own name, surely because he had fought for this future nation meant that he'd be safe from his own harm. He laughed quietly and sighed, very contented. This world was going to be perfect, and nothing could get in his way. What if there's a rebel? What would you do with them? The thought of a rebellion made him sick, and he snarled to himself, "I'll do anything, anything to get rid of them. No matter how strong they are, they'll wish they were dead when I'm done with them."

The president looked out of the window at the army below him, guns at the ready, pointing towards the trembling citizens, smiling their last smile, crying their last tears, hugging while they can. Among them, the president spotted the family at the front. Edward, Evelyn and Ada Alexander. Edward had resigned from his job at the Zenith to treat his mentally ill wife a few months ago, yes, the president remembered him. They respected each other, the president was fond of his daughter and friendly with his wife. He frowned, it would be saddening to make his family suffer. The president felt something he hadn't felt in a long time: sympathy. He looked down at his tablet and pressed "Activate all". Then in his last attempt at being a good person, deactivated Ada's switch. It was the least, and the most the president would do, he wouldn't spare anyone else. Sweet, innocent Ada wouldn't, couldn't do anything. It was a harmless move.

The president couldn't be any more wrong.

"We can make this a better world, it just takes a little courage."
-Jasmin Adams

𝔸𝕕𝕒'𝕤 .𝕆.𝕍

⚠︎︎ [Trigger warning: Razor mentioned in paragraph 6.] ⚠︎︎

I can't smile. My legs tingle with nervousness as I reach shakily over to my closet and slide open the wooden panel door, revealing the dusty, forgotten mirror on the other side. And I stare, bluntly. There's not much to see, and so I almost shut the door in a hurry, like I've always been taught to do, then hesitate before the mirror can be hidden from view again. I practice a pause for a second, barely breathing, and secretly imagine my reflection with the forbidden smile.