eleven

Tsukishima had brought out a futon and a blanket from his built-in wardrobes which seemed to be completely fresh and, for a while, unused. He moved the low table from the centre of the room and placed the bedding next to his, overlapping it with the cotton sheet while taking a pillow from his own two and positioning it briefly. Next to the bed, I had my backpack of essentials ready for the next day; although I forgot a change of clothes to sleep in, I thought this whole arrangement was more comfortable than expected. My phone was charging in the socket next to Tsukishima's, a glass of water was kept present for me which was brought straight from the kitchen, and I was carefully welcomed into the life of my new tutor.

Tsukishima was instructed to go to dinner by a female voice from downstairs which he eagerly declined because of the meal he had earlier in the evening, however, he did make short appearances to his family every now and again just to make his whereabouts clear. He even asked me whether I felt hungry, but I politely declined as well--I am already getting somewhere to stay so it would be inhuman to take their food too. The rest of the night only consisted of very little talk from both parties and myself wandering around his room looking for things to occupy myself with. However, I was missing something out of my daily routine that I follow frequently, but I'm not sure if it's entirely appropriate, but what isn't about this situation.

"Tsukishima?" I asked out of the blue, putting down a random CD from his collection on his desk, "Could I have a quick shower?"

The blond giant's face fell and his eyes widened instantly; he put down his 'Monthly volleyball magazine' on his table and scrunched up his posture meaning he became just as flustered as last time.

"No." He stated, immediately going back to his reading.

I became red in the face from embarrassment, "I'll be out in two minutes and I'll get changed back into my clothes in the bathroom. It's just a quick shower."

"And you don't see anything wrong with that? In a house with, basically, a stranger?" He leant his elbow on the table, as he was sitting on the ground, and put his head in his hand.

"How can you call us strangers?" I said as he scoffed, "I know I'm asking for a lot because of everything you've done so far, but I feel-- I feel gross."

I emphasised 'gross' so he understood I wasn't just talking about me being unclean, but mentally disgusting after this past evening.

"Can't you just wait until tomorrow?"

I thought for a moment: it's bad enough that I'm using his room as a place to stay without consent from his parent, never mind use his shower. And if his family sees me coming out of the bathroom with wet hair, we'll both be busted.

"I guess it's only just one night," I paused, "You're right. It's fine. I'll wait."

Silence rained down on the room again. His annoyed expression watched me picking up more of his CDs and placing them back down in a slow manner, a natural stern look crawling on my face. His mind was turning, still guilty from the whole tutoring incident and what it caused; he just wants the feeling to go away so he can move on from what he witnessed. He wants to help more than he already has.

"You're so good at sulking to get other peoples attention--you know that right? So much so that it's effect on me is starting to wear off." Tsukishima grunted getting up from his position and rubbing his eyes, knocking his glasses in the process.

"Do you really think I would be that inconsiderate?"

"I know you wouldn't, but you obviously want this shower whether I say no or not. I'm counting down from five minutes."

I looked up surprised, "Are you sure? I really don't mind."

He looked away from my pleased expression and mumbled, "If it helps you feel better."