✨𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖✨

• Death is Your Gift •

"There is so much you must be told, you must be warned

"There is so much you must be told, you must be warned." Minerva said as her demeanor softened while looking at her daughter and admiring how much she had grown since the last time she saw her. "Warned?" Athena asked a,s her mother's eyes widened. "You have no idea, do you?" She asked and slowly, Athena shook her head. "Once again, I have failed you." Minerva said as she looked past Athena for a moment. The woman sighed, she seemed to be hurt and tired, so incredibly tired. She seemed as if she carried the wait of the world on her shoulders. "Mother," Athena said softly, looking up at the woman with stern grey eyes. "What is it?" She asked and Minerva took in a deep breath as she placed her hand on Athena's shoulder. "You think you know who you are, what is to come." She moved to cup her daughter's cheek. "You have no idea." She added. "You haven't even begun." There was pain in minerva's words but she smiled anyways. "Something is coming, it has been the same for every Angel, and when it arrives, you will die." Athena stepped back, startled by her mother's words. "What?" She said softly. Her voice sounded small and fear crept in. "Every Angel has one promise, one thing that they are all guaranteed. And that is death." Visions flooded Athena's mind as her mother spoke. Visions of women of all kinds, shapes, colors, and races sacrificing themselves for others. For the Jedi. But they all had one thing in common, they were all Angels. "Every Angel who has ever lived has died for a greater purpose. It is our gift." Athena closed her eyes tightly as she tried to block out the visions of women who gave their lives for something larger then themselves. "Death is our gift." "No." Athena said, her eyes snapping open. "What?" Minerva said. "I said, no." Athena said. "I didn't come all this way just to die, just to be told I will give my life for something that is out of my hands." "It's not for you to chose." "To hell it isn't. I am choosing my way, I am choosing my friends, and I am choosing my life." Minvera's expression faultured for a moment. "I once thought like you." She said. "I wanted to forge my own path. I wanted to marry someone I couldn't, start my own life. But I failed. And because I failed I caused my own destruction, and now yours." Athena paused for a moment. She never did find out who her father was. "Who was my father..." she asked hesitantly and Minerva tensed. It must have been a taboo question because she feared Minerva almost wouldn't answer it. "Your father was a Jedi. I loved him very much. But he was killed not long before I too gave my life." "Who killed him?" Athena persisted. "Athena... I'm not sure you-" "please, I need to know." Minerva sighed. "Count Dooku."

"I tried to keep this from you, this life, your history, and your destiny. But my attempts to keep you hidden have failed. Athena, I'm so sorry." Minerva eyes were soft but also full of so much pain. Yes she was finally "at rest" but was she resting in peace? No. Minerva, though she was only a spirit, looked pained and tired. Her brown hair that was pulled back in a low bun seemed messy, several loose strands fell over her tan skin. Her grey eyes were without spark, without hope, and bags formed under them. "You didn't fail." Athena said, her voice was small like a child's. She still had hope in the future. "I will finish what you started. You wanted to end the line of the Angel so no more girls would have to share your fate, our fate. You didn't fail, you just didn't finish. I will finish it." "But Athena-" "I'm going to finish this once and for all." "But at what cost?" Athena paused and looked at her mother who looked as if she might cry at any moment. "I never wanted to die, neither did any of these women." Minerva gestured to the other statues of the Angels. "This place is their burial ground. The Tomb of all the Angels and one day you will return here too, under different circumstances. I sacrificed myself, all these women gave up their lives so you wouldn't have to. I died so you could live the life I couldn't." "But what about the future? What about-" Athena paused. Her expression became un readable and her mother's eyes narrowed on her. She searched her figure and then her eyes widened. "I see." Athena looked up, a shocked expression covered her face. "Athena, what do you want?" "What?" Athena looked up at her mother. "What do you want for your life? Destiny aside, what do you want? What do you want with this man you have chosen for yourself? What kind of future would you want?" "It's not about what I want." Minerva sighed once more. "Athena," her ghostly hand cupped her daughter's cheek, "You are more then what you can do for others. You deserve to chose your own fate too."

"You have a choice to make, Athena." Her mother said as she turned to face the statues. Two images appeared before them, both of her. "You can chose to follow passion and emotions, only be guided by pain and resent and fall to the dark side." The first image came into focus. It was Athena, but Athena with alterations. Her eyes were yellow and her clothes were dark. Her saber was blood red and the hilt had turned black. It scared her. "Or, you can chose to finish my work, revolutionize the Angel line. End this destiny and set your spirit free. You will be the Last Angel." The second image came into focus, it was also Athena. But this image was beautiful. Her curly blonde hair flowed loosely around her and she wore robes of a beautiful purple color. She looked like a goddess. She held the sword triumphantly and the white blade glowing vibrantly. "I want to finish what you started. I want to end this suffering so others won't have to suffer. Please, I want to finish this, for you." Minerva smiled softly. She gestured to the image of Athena with the purple gown. "Then go." Athena looked from the face of her mother to the glowing image. Slowly, she stepped up to it. She pressed her fingers into the glowing image. It was warm, so warm and soft. Slowly she stepped into it, letting it transform her and become her. "Athena," her mother spoke once the glow softened and Athena stood transformed into the vision of the image, clothed in purple. "You are what you have been searching for." Athena grinned softly at her mother. "And there's one more thing you need." Minerva reached out and a golden wreath of flowers and other fauna appeared in her hand. She placed it on her daughter's head. "This is something commonly worn by Agamarian women when they are betrothed or newly wed." Athena's cheeks flushed. "How do you know?" "I'm your mother, I know everything." Minerva's eyes dipped to glance at Athena's stomach. "Don't forget that."