Chapter Fourteen || Different Life

February 19, 2021

The Royal Family✅
@RoyalFamily

A Buckingham Palace statement on The Duke and Duchess of Sussex ➡️

11:00 AM • 2/19/21 • Twitter Web App

••~••~••~••

Buckingham Palace statement on The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Published 19 February 2021

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family.

Following conversations with The Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service. The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by The Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family.

While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family.

Notes to editors:

Following The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision to step away last year as working members of The Royal Family, a 12-month review was agreed.

A decision has now been made after conversations between The Duke of Sussex and Members of The Royal Family.

The military, Commonwealth and Charitable associations which will revert to The Queen are:

The Royal Marines, RAF Honington, Royal Navy Small Ships and Diving.

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, The Rugby Football Union, The Rugby Football League, The Royal National Theatre and The Association of Commonwealth Universities.

••~••~••~••

A rare glimpse inside Prince Valdemar and Princess Antonia's stunning residence

Their backyard garden was used for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's pregnancy announcement

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence are lucky enough to own four properties with their children – Princess Athena, Prince Kaide, Prince James and Princess Julienne. They have spent the majority of the pandemic at their second home, Ajmer Villa.

A series of photos posted by a Royal fan page on Instagram offered a rare glimpse inside the historic residence.

The property is a four-storey villa with thirty rooms including five reception rooms, ten main bedrooms, dressing rooms, a night and day nursery, and staff quarters.

The photos also offered another look at the beautiful gardens of the villa. The family has a large terrace at the back of the house that takes advantage of their picturesque views.

The villa was originally built in 1900 was in the last years and months very tasteful, very complex and lordly lovingly restored to the last detail - and perched with a once-beautiful and private access to the sea directly to the Baltic Sea - and thus guarantee an absolutely exclusive privacy.

The Duke and Duchess are not the only royals to live at their home: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their son, Archie have been living with them since March 2020.

••~••~••~••

Prince Valdemar and Princess Antonia, Duke and Duchess of Clarence, Count and Countess of Monpezat, RE, SKmd are members of the British and Danish Royal families. The couple met at a a friend's wedding in June of 2007. Their engagement was announced in November 2010. They married on 12 May 2009 at Copenhagen Cathedral. The couple's children— Princess Ariana, Prince Kaide, Prince James, and Princess Julienne of Clarence—are ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth in the line of succession to the British throne—and are twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth in the line of succession to the Danish throne, respectively.