016 | i think she likes you

third person

after studying, savannah ended up never going home the rest of the day. her and zach watched a movie instead- high school musical as to sav's request. they watched in the "playroom" that was in the herron house. though according to zach playroom sounded like a stupid name when really it was just a room full of toys.

it was definitely a playroom. but at least it had a tv.

in the middle of sharpay and ryan's audition of "what i've been looking for," the landline started ringing. zach reached over to the side table and answered it while sav lowered the volume on the tv.

"hello?"

the boy continued to talk to the phone and savannah half listened to the conversation while watching. in a couple minutes he placed the phone back and sat back into the couch, reaching into the bowl of popcorn next to sav.

"that was my mom," he explained, "she wanted me to tell you that you're welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like."

a small smile appeared on the blonde's face at the sound of that, but just as quickly, she hid it. "are you sure? that's another person to cook for and i can easily go home after the movie."

zach shook his head, "trust me, my mom cooks enough food for an army. and just call your mom and tell her you'll stay with us for a couple more hours, my mom can tell her if you want-"

"no it's fine," savannah said warmly, getting up from the couch, "i'll call her right now."

the brunette nodded his head as he watched sav go into the room next door while he continued to watch. though his mind was racing a mile a minute now. the last girl he had at his house was his ex, then after that no one came at all.

though it wasn't like he wanted to bring anyone or had anyone to bring. yet he was perfectly okay with that. except now, having savannah over seemed right. as if it was about time he invited and she met his family. however they were most certainly not dating, not if he could help it.

when he first moved to town with his family, he swore to himself to not go into a relationship too soon. at least when he was just going into a new school. with all the drama he had at his old school, he wanted to leave that stuff behind. fresh start as his mom would say.

he wanted high school to be easy.

though it wasn't, and it never will be. it was first quarter where he just barely passed as of a few hours ago when him and savannah submitted all his missing assignments which would take away all his zeros and replace them for 65s. but even through that, it seemed somewhat okay.

could it have been because of-

"my mom's all good with it." the blonde announced, walking back into the playroom. she took the seat next to zach again and watched the scene on the tv.

"really?"

"yeah on one condition."

"which is?"

"you have to come over for dinner someday, it's her way of paying you back i guess." savannah grinned slightly.

relieved, zach nodded his head, "i can do that. consider it a deal."

"good."

"good."

the two stayed where they were and finished up the movie just in time for dinner. as soon as zach heard the doorbell ring, he made a run for his room upstairs to change into a fresh set of clothes before his mom would tell him to do so when she saw him.

"zach we're home!" myta said loudly from the entrance, with grocery bags in her hand. savannah got out from the playroom and saw the four of them standing there as they walked in.