010 | i don't dance

third person

"aw you look so pretty hon," delilah smiled as she walked down the stairs, taking pictures already. "rowyn called she said her and daniel will be here in 5."

"thanks mom." the blonde beamed, her feet landing on the last step.

savannah smoothed down her dress as she listened to her mom go over the plans for the night. they were to take pictures then all go to dinner, and after would be the dance. then they planned to go to corbyn's later, where they'll relax and just hang out for the night.

saskia, corbyn, jeanna, and ashley were already at the house, taking pictures in the backyard. it was the two's last homecoming, along with jonah and maya, who were the first ones to come to the leeland household. they were gonna take pictures at the house and then go to the park near the resturant they picked out and take more pictures there, a tradition they've done every year.

"knock knock!" jack yelled from the foyer, him and kesley walking in. he was dressed in an all black suit with a red tie that matched kesley's dress. savannah greeted them both with a hug, complimenting them on their fits.

"stop is that the dress from your birthday you never wore?" she asked kesley.

the girl nodded her head, "yes ma'am, but look at you! you're hot sav." she nudged jack's arm, "doesn't she look great?"

"so great." jack smiled, the three of them laughing after. rowyn walked through the door with daniel right behind her, and everyone grinned at the pair, never thinking this day would come.

"why's everyone smiling?" daniel asked his friends, his back stiffening up. he had a white button down and black pants, black suspenders paired with a blue tie. rowyn wore a spaghetti strapped dress that was the same shade of blue.

kesley, jack, and savannah all said "nothing." in unison, still going crazy over the two. now they were waiting on zach, who savannah already texted twice to see if he was even coming or not. she told him what time to come, but from the looks of it, it seemed he was ditching.

though his ask for homecoming was a simple text message, sav found herself rereading the conversation multiple times just to get a smile out of it. normally she was hard to please and it'd be much more difficult to ask her to such an event, but this time seemed to be an exception.

"is zach coming?" jack asked the blonde.

"i don't know."

he was the only one that knew he was her date. she was going to tell everyone, but when she was about to tell kesley and daniel, kesley brought up another stupid rumor and joke about him. rowyn was too happy over daniel asking her that she didn't have the time to even tell her, and corbyn and jonah were busy doing their own thing 90% of the time.

the two seniors walked inside from the backyard with their girlfriends, ready to eat some food. "so sav where's this date of yours?" corbyn asked his cousin.

"he's coming." she told them confidently, though she wasn't confident in zach at all right now.

"well you guys should be heading to the restaurant if you wanna take pictures at the park, i bet it's packed right now." saskia suggested. all eyes were on savannah, who had the final say in whether or not she should wait for zach.

but as if right on cue, they heard a car pull up in front of the house and out ran the brown haired boy in his black button down shirt and black pants. in his hand was a white corsage which he tried very hard not to ruin on his way there.

"no way." kesley said in a shocked, but amused tone.

"sorry i'm late i-"

"how 'bout you guys go ahead, we'll catch up with you later." savannah told the rest of the group, letting zach come inside. saskia and ashley went along too since they'd be taking the pictures at the park.