He wasn't paying me any attention as he poured himself another drink, so I decided to give him all of mine. It was hard not to study his sharp jawline and his lips. I wondered how many women touched those lips and if they were just as soft as they looked. His nose was so symmetrical and everything many wished to have. I enjoyed his narrowed eyes, as a scar kissed the corner of his right one. His eyebrows were always furrowed but they were thick despite having the perfect shape. Saint was a very handsome man, too handsome.

Pushing my glasses up my nose, I looked away from him and down at my lap.

"Angel," Saint called out to me. I raised a brow as I looked over at him. "Are you scared of guns?"

I never really thought about it. The sight of a gun itself never scared me, it was always the person holding the gun that made me quiver.

I cleared my throat. "I don't think so."

"Good, that's good," he announced. I stood up from the barstool, ready to return to my room, but Saint latched onto my wrist.

"Another drink," he told me. I bit down on my lip as I thought about it.

"Uh, a small one," I mumbled. He hummed before grabbing the bottle. Nerves prickled my skin as I opened my mouth to endure the toxic taste of rum. Saint poured the contents down my throat which began to go down a lot easier. I wasn't sure how much I drank, but I knew it was probably more than what I had in the first glass.

A shiver ran down my spine once he pulled the bottle away from me.

"A-Are you trying to get me drunk, o-or something?" I questioned, pulling my brows together.

Saint smirked before shaking his head. "I wanted a drinking partner today."

"You probably shouldn't drink so much, Santino," I boldly responded. Saint was glaring into my eyes, probably pissed at my slip-up of his actual name.

"You think that just because you read my file that you know me, sweetheart? Well, guess what? People only know what I want them to know. I drink because I'm a grown-ass man and I can do whatever the fuck I want to do," he growled. I flinched away from him, wincing as I did.

"Sit down," he ordered. Hurriedly, I sat back down on the stool and ignored my racing heart.

"I-I'm sorry, you're right, um, it's not any of my business what you do," I told him quietly. He hummed in response but didn't bother to say anything.

As we just sat there in still silence, I could feel the alcohol taking effect on me. I was starting to feel a bit woozy.

"Um," I spoke up. "I'm going to bed."

Just when I stood up, I almost stumbled. The floor looked unsteady and my mind was only growing hazier by the second. Saint didn't say or do anything as he watched me struggle.

I decided to keep going, so I put one foot in front of the other but only managed to fall right into Saint's lap. His arm circled around my waist to steady me, but it only made me more aroused. I wasn't sure if he knew how much of an effect he had on my body. He was so sexy, probably the sexiest guy I had ever met, and I would be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy the small amounts of attention he would give me. No guy ever paid me the time of the day, but Saint would.

"You're drunk," he stated the obvious. I presented my neck to him as I pressed my ass more into him.

"And horny," I found myself saying. There was this immediate desire to punch myself as the words spilled out of me without giving me the chance to think about them.

He chuckled darkly, shock making its presence. "You always get horny when you're drunk?"

"I'm not sure, I've never been drunk," I giggled. His arm around my waist tightened as he leaned into my neck. I can hear the soft sound of his inhale as he takes in my scent.

"You're so innocent, mia cara," he pointed out. "You're like an Angel, so rare, so intriguing."

I could feel his lips against my skin, leaving me to shut my eyes in anticipation. He abandons the arm around my waist and trailed down to my hips where he held me against him. He was kissing up my neck and over to my jaw where his tongue danced with his lips.

"You've never been with anyone, have you?" Saint let out curiously.

I easily shook my head. "No one wants me."

Just when it was beginning to get good, Santino pulled away from my neck and let go of my hips.

"Santino," I called out.

"Rum shouldn't give you a bad hangover," he informed me. "Now, go to sleep. I'll have my guards take you to your room."

I didn't know why my heart felt like it was breaking. "I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing for?" Saint asked, growing annoyed by the second. I looked down at my hands and could just feel the frown forming on my face.

"Coming onto you. That could be sexual harassment on my part, and I-"

"Shut up," he declared before getting up from where he sat. I thought he was going to walk over to me, but instead, he walked out of the room, leaving me there all alone. When I gazed at the seat he was at, I could see my red panties there.

instagram: amarieauthor
please vote.