Chapter 29: Life in New Orleans

Start from the beginning

Evalynn remembers once she felt the baby kicked, and she yelled because she was too excited, the next second she saw Kai, Kol, Klaus and Elijah is standing in front of her with full on attack mode, then they all chuckled after she explained to them. She never felt more safe than this, knowing the whole original family is with her.

About two months later, Rebekah finally got the chance to plan the baby shower for her since Evalynn kept postponing before, it was either because she was too tired, she didn't have enough energy, or she just wasn't really in the mood, but since she got better Rebekah can finally starts planning. "Can I help too!" Hope semi yelled, "of course sweetie," Evalynn grins while stroking her long wavy hair, "how about this, we will have a teddy bear themed baby shower, I know how much you love them," Evalynn turns to Rebekah for approval, "auntie Bex, please?" Hope nudges Rebekah's forearm lightly, "yes of course we will." She gives Hope a smile before she ran to Klaus and Hayley to share the good news.

"What did I miss?" Kai suddenly appears behind them, he rubs his palms against each other, "nothing much, we are going to have a teddy bear themed baby shower," Evalynn fills him in with the littlest information, "I will leave you and Rebekah planning everything, and Hope of course, she is better at planning events than me already, but I'm not surprised though, Niklaus does throw the best parties." Evalynn confessed, "you better catch up to her then," Rebekah gives her a wink.

The three of them had planned everything pretty quickly, it only took them one day and a half to get everything done, the baby shower will take place in the Mikaelson mansion, "alright, losers, tomorrow at 2PM, meet at the Mikaelson mansion, don't be late or else I'll rip your head off, except Evalynn, got it?" Rebekah ordered everyone, which no one disobeyed, she can get really sassy sometimes.

Now she only need to pick her outfit, which is incredibly hard because of her baby bump, all the formal dresses she owns doesn't fit anymore, plus it's even harder to find something that looks good and is stretchy too. In the end she chose a very long, white loose fit dress, it has some cute floral patterns on it, Kai chose to wear a white t shirt with a pair of light blue jeans. She wore a pair of white flat sandals, she used to wear heels all the time, but recently she finds it harder and harder to walk in them, so she gave them up.

Now the height difference between Evalynn and Kai is really obvious, he can easily tower over her, sometimes he would even pat on her head to piss her off or just simply annoy her, ever since her hormones went crazy, he enjoys teasing her more and more by the day goes by. A few times Kai accidentally made her cry, which ended up with her holding a knife chasing after him, by the way, not recommend to those who are not supernaturals.

Everyone arrived at the Mikaelson mansion on time, just like Rebekah 'kindly' asked. "You look gorgeous," Rebekah's eyes lighten up as soon as she saw Evalynn, "thank you, you looks beautiful too," then Evalynn thanked her for arranging everything, she said hi to everyone else, but a little girl is missing. "Where is Hope?" She turns to Hayley and Klaus.

A mischievous smirk appears on Klaus's face, "she is in the car, getting the gift for you and Kai," Klaus said, Kai and Evalynn looks at each other, "auntie Eva and uncle Kai! Sorry I'm late!" Hope said while catching her breath, "sweetheart, are you alright?" Kai bent down and asks her. Klaus doesn't look worried at all for some reason, Hope nodded then shows everyone what she was holding behind her.

It's a really big painting, in the painting it was a sight of a lake, a full moon and with some people in it, in the corner there was a little signature saying 'Hope M & Klaus M'. "Wow, thank you Hope, it looks beautiful," Evalynn gives Hope a kiss on her forehead, "hey what about me?" The original hybrid groans, "really, Nik" Kol rolls his eyes at his brother's childish behavior. "Thank you too Klaus, thanks to everyone, we really appreciated everything you did for us, for little Diana." She chuckles, "and now I don't feel special anymore," Klaus pouts.