Chapter seventy one: It's time to start pushing👶🏻

Start from the beginning

I'm leaning back with half of my body submerged under the water. Brad doesn't let go of my hand and I work on some breathing exercises that I've read up on. When I feel another contraction coming, I take a really big deep breath in, hold it for a few seconds and then take a big deep breath out. I continue to do that until the contraction has passed and to my surprise, the breathing exercises actually helped reduce the pain of the contraction. That one lasted about forty five seconds and it was only ten minutes from the previous one so they are definitely getting closer together.

"Feel my stomach, you can actually feel it contracting" Brad and Court both place their hands on my stomach as I go through another contraction and they can feel my stomach becoming rock solid

"That's wild Jen" Court says still holding my stomach

"I can't believe that my baby is in there now and soon we will meet him" Brad says as he chokes on his words

"Oh shit this ones a big one" My one hand grips onto the side of the bath tub and my other is gripping onto Brad's

"Breathe Jen, just breathe babe"

"Owwwwwww" I sit up and bend my body over slightly

"Brad I want to get out" Brad grabs a towel and him and Court help me to stand up. Court leaves so Brad can help me dry off.

He takes my bikini bottoms off, sits down on the toilet and sits me on top of him with the towel still wrapped around me. As I'm cuddling into his chest with my arms wrapped around him I have a feeling that not all of my waters have gone.

"I think I'm still leaking Brad"

I stand up and put the towel on the floor and realise that Brad's lap is soaking wet from my waters leaking over him. As I'm still standing, my waters are still trickling down my legs and Brad gets a fresh towel and helps to dry me down there. Once I'm fully dry, he goes and gets me a nighty, a pair of 'granny panties' as he calls them and a huge period pad just in case my waters are still leaking. He helps me get changed and as we are about to leave the bathroom I stop in my tracks as another contraction hits, this time a much more severe one.

"Fuck. Owwwwwww. Oh god" Brad is standing behind me applying pressure to my lower back as I go through it and he helps to talk me through my breathing

"Brad, how long was that one?" I ask as I get comfortable on the couch

"That one was thirty seconds and five minutes from the last one. I'm going to call Dr Smith"

"It's Brad, Jens contractions are getting more and more severe and they are now lasting thirty seconds and are five minutes apart"

"Excellent. She seems to be progressing very well. I want you to leave now to come to the hospital and I'll meet you there"

Brad tells me that we need to leave now so he bundles everything in the car and Court gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before Brad comes and helps me get into the car.

As we are driving, I go through another three contractions and this time they are worse than ever to the point where I'm practically screaming out in pain.

"I'm going to... I'm going to throw up" Brad quickly gets a bag out of the glove box and passes to me and I violently vomit into it

He drives quickly but safely to the hospital and we arrive within fifteen minutes.

(Brad's P.O.V)

I run inside to get Jen a wheelchair and when I go back to the car, she's still throwing up. I hold the bag for her with one hand and I hold her ponytail back with the other. When she's finished, I help her out of the car and into the wheelchair. We make our way inside and we are immediately taken to a private room where Jen is hooked up to loads of monitors to monitor the baby.