Chapter 10: Deadline

It's the day before the solstice, and I'm freaking out.

Glaseron holds me in his arms as I tremble and mentally panic.

"Oh no... The energy drains too quickly... I won't last... What am I going to do... Help me, Glaseron!" I ramble.

"It's okay... It's okay..." Glaseron says, occasionally kissing my cheek to comfort me. "It's only one more day."

"Glaseron, we have a crisis! Unless you can train yourself to manipulate energy in less than a day, we're screwed!" I rant. Glaseron picks me up.

"I'll make out with you with my own blood on my lips if you do what you did in Genera to regain your energy," Glaseron whispers in my ear lustfully, sending pleasurable chills down my spine and turning me a little jelly.

I close my eyes, smile, and say, "Very well." I use a portion of my remaining energy to warp us to another town, by the name of Kerayatica. This time, Glaseron allows me to draw from his energy for assitance for a larger vortex. I suck up every little bit of light for miles around, and I feel completely regenerated. I predict that it will be enough to get through the solstice.

"Now you have a promise to keep," I say to Glaseron with an anticipatory smirk on my face.

"Oh, alright," Glaseron says, and takes out a knife. He pricks his finger, once, twice, three times. It bleeds furiously as he applies the crimson blood to his lips. After thickening the layer, he grabs my arms and presses his lips to mine, and I can taste the blood as I kiss back sweatily, placing my hands on his sturdy hips. We exchange passionate kisses for what seems like hours. At last, I can't take anymore and I pull away, licking the remaining blood between us.

I'm so ready for the solstice now... But after that...