"I tried ringing," Tony said to me, looking up at me, "But you haven't answered your phone all week."

"You kind of dropped a bomb on me, Tone, I needed time to think." 

"Effy's missing, we need to look for her."

"Effy?"

"My sister," He commented and I nodded, taking my hand away from his side as he put his shirt down, he took out his phone, dialing his sister, holding it up as he put it on speaker. 

"Hi, this is Effy's phone. She's currently cruising at 35,000 feet and there's definitely turbulence ahead," Some guy said over her voice message box. 

I made a face looking up at Tony, "That... That's a bit weird," I said to him.

"It's fine," Tony shrugged his shoulders, "We just have to nick your mum's car, drive around a bit, spot her, take her home... We can go for a pint?" 

I made a face at him, "Nick my mum's car? Can't we nick your dad's?" 

"Astrid, my dad has central locking, a sophisticated alarm system, and probably thinks a spell in prison would do me good... Whereas, if I recall, your mum is complaining about her car, it's about 20-years-old, runs like shit and she said she wouldn't even notice it missing..." 

"Ah... Fuckin' hell, whatever, she's pissed me off today anyway, I can just grab the keys from our counter, they never move." 

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

I walked out of the bus station, I asked around if anyone saw Tony's sister, but, there wasn't a person in there who had a clue what the hell was going on, especially this late at night, Tony was sat on a bench outside and as I walked over to him, he looked up at me, his eyes lighting up a little, "Anything?" He asked.

"Nope, nothing," I said as I sat down next to him.

"Bollocks!" 

"You think that she's having a joke at your expense, perhaps?" 

Tony furrowed his brow and started to shake his head, "No... That's not her style, I know Effy, she's cleverer than this... In fact, she's the cleverest fucking person I know... I don't know anyone like her," I let out a small sigh as he spoke. "Look, I'm worried about her," This was a different side of Tony, something I saw before, he seemed frustrated and actually genuinely worried about his sister, "I just- even if we're looking in the same place twice," I looked down at the ground and I felt him touch my arm, "Please, Astrid."

I nodded at him, "Yeah, okay, Tony." 

It was then that his phone ran and he jumped up, "Effy?" He said as he answered, I watched him turn on his heels, looking down at me, "Who is this?" His once relieved expression changing to a confused one, "What? Put Effy on the phone! Hello?" He let out a grunt, shoving his phone in his pocket, "Fuck, come on, Astrid," He started to walk away and I followed him back towards my mum's car. 

We drove to some creepy-looking parking garage, it was empty, "That's just... Creepy," I commented as I got out of the car and looked at the road that led into the garage.

"Are you scared of the dark, Astrid?" Even in this desperate time, he teased me, even though his face was serious.

I looked at him, shaking my head, "That's the last thing I'm scared of. And I'm not scared of most things." There was a silence, I looked around, "I don't mean to tamper the mood, but, uh, I don't think she's here."

"Yeah, doesn't look like much of a party does it?" 

Tony let out a sigh and sat on the hood of the car, "What are you thinking about... You know, other than where your sister is."