Dance into the Moonlight

The concealed door in the lounge leads to a small, white vestibule with an elevator on the opposite side. I press the arrow pointing up and we wait less than five seconds before the car dings signaling its arrival.

As soon as the door closes the elevator smoothly lifts us one floor. When it opens again we are greeted with warm, humid air and can see the surrounding office buildings. The street noise is muffled by people talking and laughing. We step onto the roof and take in our surroundings.

Plush outdoor furniture, mosaic fire pits and multiple wet bars are scattered across the roof. With white string lights above and lush greenery all around, the expertly designed space boasts an intimate, romantic atmosphere. A jazz band performs towards the opposite end of the roof and dozens of couples are dancing cheek to cheek on the makeshift dance floor.

"This is incredible," Jackson gapes at our surroundings, his fingers rubbing my elbow absentmindedly.

I walk to the closest ottoman and take a seat. When I take Paige's letter out of my purse, Jackson leans in to listen to me read it out loud.

7. Dance into the Moonlight

I know how much you're going to hate this and believe me, I wish I could be there to witness you do this

Dancing was always my favorite thing to do and, bless your heart, you never took to it too well. Clarence filled me in on this hidden secret on the top of the Sheraton Hotel and I went as often as I could.

Am I too presumptuous to assume that Jackson is there with you right now? If he's not I'll haunt him for the rest of his life. I have no clue if he has rhythm, but the two of you are going to dance until 2 a.m. and you're not going to complain about it!

Enjoy and read the next letter as the clock strikes 2 a.m.

xoxo

Jackson chuckles softly as I conceal the letter in my purse.

"She is something else," he muses.

Nodding, I stand and extend my hand to him. "So do you have any rhythm?"

"Get ready girl, because we're about to tear this dance floor up!"

Laughing, I allow him to carry me over to the dance area right in front of the band. Jackson eases us into a slow dance and we blend in quite well with the dancers around us.

With one hand in his and the other cupped around the back of his shoulder, I lean into Jackson and allow him to lead us with ease. Song after song, we dance together. Sometimes Jackson maneuvers fancy footwork or will spin me around, but mostly we just sway to and fro.

The band takes a break so we order drinks from the bar and take a seat on one of the ottomans again. I slip my feet from my shoes and tuck my legs underneath me as I turn to face Jackson.

"Are you having fun?"

He takes a sip of his beer and grins, I vow to do everything within my power to always make him smile because it's so sexy.

"This place is incredible," he leans towards me and rubs his hand up and down my arm. "Are you cold?"

Shaking my head, I take another sip of my drink. "Tell me more about you," I am so curious about the man seated beside me.

He just shrugs and props his hand on the ottoman behind me, "What would you like to know?"

There are a million things I want to know but I start small, "Are you originally from Nashville?"

Jackson shakes his head, "I grew up in Texas. I moved here after college but my family still lives in Austin."

This opens the door for a myriad of questions and I can't contain my thirst for information. "What college did you go to? Do you have any siblings? Why did you move to Nashville?"