Epilogue (1 of 2)

Start from the beginning

"I'll be right back."

I walked down the dessert island as lowkey as possible. May ilang kumaway at bumati pero wala akong interes sa mga 'yon. Why would I waste my time and energy on something short-lived and unnecessary?

Pagkalapit sa dessert section, madali akong nakakuha ng set dahil mukhang exclusive lang sa VIPs ang serving.

I was about to head back to our table when I saw a new and intriguing girl on the other side of the treats.

Intriguing because the girl wasn't wearing her cap-sleeve dress the right way. Don't even get me started with the way she carried herself. She wasn't giving justice to the dress.

My face tilted backward as I groaned to myself, resisting the strong urge to straight up walk over and fix her dress.

You can't do that, Clark, for fuck sake. No matter how unrefined her fashion sense appeared, and how painful it was to look at, you must hold your horses.

The girl looked like someone who wasn't used to attending parties. The girl was showcasing a lack of knowledge in coordinating outfits and understanding what suits her best.

Someone should give her a lesson. Not me, I'm busy enough as it is.

"Wala naman pong nakasulat na VIP guests only, Ma?" I overheard her saying while pursing her lips, staring at the table filled with desserts. "Sabihin ko na lang na hindi ko alam 'pag nahuli ako? Hindi naman po siguro nila babawiin kung nakain ko na."

A middle-aged woman eyed her stressfully. It must be her mother. It suddenly clicked in my mind that they were the family whom Tita and Tito had chosen to sponsor through their new educational assistance program.

"'Wag mo na akong subukan, Rizette. Malilintikan ka sa'kin!"

Before the girl could express her submissive reply, she was unexpectedly shoved by another girl of my age.

The latter looked shocked and violated when clearly, she did it on purpose.

"Excuse me? Are you allowed here?"

"S-Sorry. Pasensiya na po." The little girl bowed in shame before chasing after her mother.

For some reason, I found the whole scene interesting. A wide grin adorned my face as I made my way back to our table.

Gold-digger? I don't think so.

I knew that awkward and edgy individuals like her could be easily swayed and manipulated to serve someone's advantage. Not the other way around.

She should be careful not to be stupid. Or to look stupid at least. But this way, I was confident that she wouldn't pose any trouble to the Fabians.

Unless she was careless enough to stir troubles.

"I heard your children perform well at school. They don't cause any problems, do they?"

Because people like this exist.

"No, no. Not that I'm aware of," kaswal na sagot ni Mama sa pamilyar na kaibigan nina Tito Vince.

Tuloy-tuloy lang ang lakad ko papunta sa table.

"Who among them will succeed your empire? Nakikitaan mo na ba kung sino ang may potensiyal? How about your eldest son?"

I slowed down a bit. I didn't know why. Ni hindi na bago ang tanong na iyon sa amin. O siguro iyon mismo ang dahilan.

Dahil hindi na 'to bago sa'kin.

"Oh, you mean Clark?" My mother spoke after a pause. "Yes! He has taken a liking for Smitten. A lot of potential."