The school owls swooped into the Great Hall, carrying the post as usual, and Neville choked as a huge barn owl landed in front of him, a scarlet envelope clutched in its beak. Lee and I were sitting opposite him, and I recognised the letter as a Howler at once.

"Run for it, Neville," I advised.

He didn't need telling twice. Neville seized the envelope and, holding it before him like it was a bomb, sprinted out of the Hall, while the Slytherin table exploded with laughter at the sight of him. I heard the Howler go off in the Entrance Hall - Neville's grandmother's voice, magically magnified to a hundred times its usual volume, shrieking about how he had brought shame on the whole family.

"Poor kid," Lee muttered, returning his attention to his bowl of cereal. "I've only ever gotten one Howler before and it was enough to last me a lifetime, thank you very much."

"What was it for?" I asked curiously, taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

Lee's lips curved into a mischievous smile, turning his head to look at me.

"McGonagall wrote to my Mum," he explained. "Said if I didn't stop using foul language while doing the commentary, she would have to find a new Commentator." He let out a breathy laugh. "Mum doesn't like foul language, as she let the whole school know in my Howler."

I burst out laughing at the thought, while Lee buried his face in his palms, clearly trying to rid the memory from his mind.

I was too busy laughing at Lee to notice immediately that I had a letter, too. One of the school's owls got my attention by nipping me sharply on the wrist.

"Ouch! Oh - thanks..."

I tore upen the envelope while Lee began trying to feed the owl some of his cornflakes. The note inside said:

Dear Millie,
How about having tea with me this evening round six? I'll come and collect you from the castle, wait for me in the Entrance Hall, you're not allowed out on your own.
Cheers,
Hagrid

I bit my lip, handing Lee the letter to read.

"He probably wants to hear about Black," I muttered, while Lee nodded slowly, sending me a look of sympathy.

"Want me to come?" he said softly, nudging my side. "Fred and George could come, too, if you want..."

But before I could even open my mouth to answer, Lee and I's conversation was rudely interrupted.

"Hello, Mills."

I purposely groaned as loudly as I could, turning my head to look at Harry, who was standing behind me with a smirk on his lips.

"What?" I spat, shooting him a cold look.

"You know, this time a month ago you would've kissed me if I came up to you like this," said Harry smugly, his smirk only growing.

I gaped at him angrily - the audacity.

"When will you get it in your head that I'm not your girlfriend anymore," I hissed, grabbing my bag and standing up, trying to the ache in my heart at my own words. "Move."

Harry tilted his head playfully, raising his eyebrows.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no," he repeated, crossing his arms. "We need to talk, Mills, properly. What're you going to do? Avoid me forever?"