4. Drama

We spend the rest of lunch talking and getting to know eachother. It's hard to believe that I was ever nervous about how this day would go because it's practically perfect right now.

When lunch is over, I head to my locker, trying to be quick so Annie's boyfriend doesn't try to harass me. I know he must be nice to her but I just get a bad feeling about him, and I can't shake it off.

I grab my history textbook and make my way to the classroom, and I luckily don't get lost. Isi is already dotted when I arrive and I sit next to her with a smile. Students file into the classroom in a huge mass and I am glad I got here early. The seat to my left is empty and I'm sad that Annie is in geography instead of history with us. Knocking me out of my thoughts, an exotic looking girls with curly brown hair and light brown skin sits in the empty set next to me.

"Hey, Adam right?" She asks me.

"Uh... Ya. How'd you know?" I ask her.

"I was in your last class." She says. "I'm Hamaseh by the way." She smiles and then laughs a hilarious laugh."

"Nice to meet you." I reply before the teacher Ms. Tarim starts her incredibly boring lesson.

After class, I stand up and Isi greets Hamaseh.

"You guys know eachother?" I ask looking at both of them.

"Of course! The schools not that big, it's hard not to know everyone!" Hamaseh laughs and I know that we will be great friends. I can't believe how many times I've said that in one day.

I head to my next class, annoyed that there are 5 periods in this school. In Toronto there were only 4.

I step inside the drama room, and my nerves come back. Everyone is talking to someone and seems to have plenty friends. I have no one.
I try and cover up my nervousness with a wide smile, but I give up after my cheeks start to hurt. I decide to sit down and distract myself on my phone. I thought drama was going to be my favourite subject but now I already hate it. I don't even know if I'll be able to get through this first day.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around. Looking down at me is Connor, the boy who lent me his T-shirt earlier.

"Nice T-shirt, where'd you get it?" Connor asks with a cheeky, squinted smile. We both laugh in unison.

"A super annoying guy in the hallway who was randomly soaking wet." I say with a fake eye roll.

"Hey! I was not randomly soaking wet- I was at swim practice." He notices my confused face. "Our school has an award winning swim team. The only problem is that we have to be here at 7 am and the swim arena is across the street. To much exercise!" He says jokingly and I can't help but laugh again.

Finally the teacher walks in, but I am no longer worried. Connor is a grade older than me, but he's much better than no one.

Drama class is awesome, and I end up embarrassing myself a lot.

"Hey nice lamb noise." Connor jokes as we leave the drama room.

"Oh I know, I am a prodigy after all." I boast with my chin held high.

"Thanks for the shirt connor. Your a life saver, honestly." I say.

"No problem! It looks better on you anyways." He laughs- but I can't help but blush.

"Well I've gotta catch my bus. I'll see you tomorrow goat boy." Connor says.

"It's a lamb" I yell back at him.

"Same thing." He says and we both laugh.

I wave him goodbye and release a sigh I didn't realize I was holding in.

I go to my locker to grab my stuff, and say goodbye to Annie. I give her a hug and we exchange phone numbers before I leave.