Chapter 2: It's Different Now.

"Hyung! Wait for me!"

Yeonjun ran through the Palace's hallways, dashing through the maids and butlers who watched the two boys with adoration. Their giggles bounced off the walls as Soobin, the royal prince, tried to catch the little pink haired boy. Yeonjun was older, and his legs were longer, so of course he could outrun the little prince!

"Wait," Soobin whined, his run slowing down as he tried to catch his breath. The little pink haired boy stopped running and immediately went back to check up on the little prince who was now crouching on the ground. Soobin's breath was ragged as he clutched his chest. The painful look on his face was enough for Yeonjun to become worried, before he finally noticed the little smirk on the blue haired boy's face.

"Gotcha!" the little prince exclaimed, hugging the older. "Take that!"

"You tricked me!" Yeonjun shouted, hugging him back. "No fair, I thought you were really sick because of running too much." Soobin had always had a weak body since birth. Yeonjun thought he made it worse.

"No, I'm fine. I'm getting stronger, you see," the boy grinned, showing his little bunny smile. The little prince is so cute.

"You should get stronger, Your Royal Highness," Yeonjun told him. "You're going to be the great King of Caeruleum one day!"

"Stop it with the titles," Soobin pouted. "You know how much I hate them, hyung." Yeonjun laughed. It's fun to annoy Soobin. His pout is so cute! Yeonjun pinched his cheeks and giggled despite the little Prince's protest.

"My, what do we have here?" a man's voice suddenly boomed through the hallway. Yeonjun looked up and met eyes with King Soorim. The man looked young with his purple royal attire. His dark blue hair is a similar color to Soobin, but the King's was much lighter. Beside him was his own mother, the Duchess of Volpes.

"Father!" Soobin exclaimed happily, quickly leaving Yeonjun behind and hugging his father's long legs. "I was playing tag with Yeonjun-hyung and I managed to trick him!"

The King frowned. "You... tricked him, huh? Well, as long as you two are having fun," he said sincerely. Yeonjun bowed at the King. His Majesty is one of his most favorite people in the Kingdom. He's nice, wise, and always lets Yeonjun play around the palace as if it was his playground, even though his mother told him not to. His Majesty frequently gives him gifts of toys and sweets which he loves the most.

His mother always told him that the people of the Kingdom loved King Soorim very much. He had been taught from early on that the King hated violence and has always been promoting peace. His Royal Majesty hated conflicts and would try to avoid them as much as he could for the sake of the Kingdom. He didn't want to see any of his people's blood being shed in a useless battle.

And Yeonjun could see that kindness and peace-loving trait in Soobin. From the way the boy looks at him with love to the way he treats the people around him with respect and kindness, he knows instantly Soobin is going to be as great as his father. Everyone loved Soobin, and Soobin loved everyone. He grew up in an environment full of love, and so it was why he was able to give it back tenfold.

"Let's play hide-and-seek now, hyung! I'll go and hide first!" Soobin suddenly shouted, running through the King and Yeonjun's mother and turning into another hallway.

"Wait, Soobin!"

"Yeonjun, don't forget to use his Royal Highness' title," Yeonjun's mother nagged him, but he didn't listen and focused on chasing Soobin.

...

Yeonjun is terrified. He can feel his palms sweat as he waits in the Royal Courtyard under the hot scorching sun. His mother stands beside him, tall and proud despite her age, but he senses her uneasiness. No, he's sensing everyone's uneasiness. The whole royal court has been summoned here, for some reason, and Yeonjun has a bad idea about this.