1. Waking Up After The Kegger

A warm breeze and the weirdly comforting stench of salty fish pull me from my blackout. I pull a strand of hair out of my mouth, crispy from my saliva and probably from sea water. Usually, now is when I would pull my covers off me, but I look down to notice I am laying on top of my bare mattress with only my bikini top on. Shit. I whip my head around to make sure there's not some random boy laying next to me. No, thank God.

My hangover seems to have all gone to my legs, as I attempt to get out of my bed and stand on my aching limbs. Shit again. Regretfully peering down, I notice I have in fact stood on a piece of a broken glass from a beer bottle. I wrap a towel around my waist, and as I hobble over to my bathroom to get a plaster, memories start coming back to me from last night. Triple shit.

There was a kegger at the Boneyard. Nothing special, just the same as any party that ever happens there. It was mainly pogues there, I mean it was Kie's party. I was so comfortable around them, having been at school with them all through elementary and middle school. It was only this past year that my uncle, Dean and older brother, Kit, made me try for the bursary scholarship at the kook academy, and when I got in, of course they made me go.

Some of my kook friends turned up, but I had only invited the nicer ones

Some of my kook friends turned up, but I had only invited the nicer ones. Kook princess, Sarah Cameron probably didn't even know I existed. I try to stay quiet at school, but, me being me, it's very hard. Like Kie said to me once,

"They care more about shoes than surfing, what are we supposed to do with that?".

But obviously all of them found out, it's a small island. So the ultra-rich kook posse turned up and that's when the real "fun" started.

Me and JJ were sat on one of the taller fallen trees, laughing and drinking our cheap beer. You know JJ, always desperate for something more. We knew Rafe Cameron always brought drugs to parties, but we are both broke as fuck, so there was no way we were gonna get hold of any. Unless we took it.

JJ slipped off the branch and creeped up to Rafe's bike, where he stored the goods. I threw my empty cup at him, drunkenly giggling, and then jumped down onto the sand and hid behind the tree.

"Minnie!" He whispered, laughing under his breath.

"Keep going, idiot." I replied, using my hand to signal to him.

Rafe obviously heard the disruption and turned around, which is when JJ frantically opened the bike storage and grabbed a bag of pre rolls.

"JJ RUN!"

We ran further along the beach, laughing as Rafe ran over to his bike. We hid behind a bush, to wait until Rafe went away. I grabbed the bag off JJ and stumbled towards the water, ripping off my shirt as I fell into the water.

"Hey! Don't you dare get them wet, you know sharing is caring right Mins?", he shouted at me, doing the same. I took my lighter out of my bikini top, lit a blem and then laid on my back, floating on the water.

"Times up! My turn bitch!" JJ took it out of my mouth.

"Oi, no I'm not done you skank!" I replied, trying to wrestle him and get it back.

He fought back, the water splashing around us. His hands grabbed my waist as he tried to pick me up, but JJ being clumsy, he accidentally untied my bikini bottoms and skirt.

"Oh shit. Oops." We both giggled. I splashed him with water, putting out the blem.

"Hey! Look what you did!"

"That's what you get for losing an extremely valuable piece of my clothing, that had such sentimental and emotional value, and that I will terribly miss.", I teased.

"Fair." He huffed. "Wait here I'll go get your shirt."

He stumbled back towards the Boneyard, like a toddler walking for the first time, and picked up our clothes on the sand. He threw both our shirts at me, and I tied them around my waist, creating a makeshift skirt. I stumbled back to shore, still carrying the pack of weed.

"Well done JJ. The first time you accidentally removed a piece of clothing off a girl" I joked.

Suddenly, the buzz of the party started to diffuse, and we could hear laughing stopping and people raising their voices.

"I swear I had it! It was in here. Who the hell took it?!"

We heard the familiar noise of the bike trunk shutting. We looked at each other and couldn't help but burst out laughing. Fuck, bad idea.

"Who the fuck is that? Ay, was it you? Did you steal my shit, dirty pogues?" Rafe shouted towards us.

"Minnie Lawson, is that you? Shit, I had higher expectations for you. Why does the pogue always get the hot girl?"

We hid further into the bush, still not able to take the situation seriously.

"Fuck this, let's go!"

JJ grabbed my wrist and started sprinting away, almost tripping over. Rafe started shouting and swearing at us, so I took the bag and chucked it in the sea, flipping him off as I ran backwards.

"Sorry, Rafe! Maybe it was the hot girl who chose the pogue?"

We ran all the way back to my place, picking up a couple more beers from the liquor store on the way. It's funny how fast you can run when you're drunk.

We finished our beers, sat on my porch as the sun started to come up. It was that time in the morning where the sun hasn't breached the horizon yet, but it's glow still dispersed over the sea.

"We have to do that again." JJ said.

"What, rip my clothes off?" I jokingly replied.

"No, steal drugs. And apparently that's reserved for Rafe Cameron, 'hot girl' ", he teased.

"Shut up. He's such a dick."

"That we can agree on. Night Minnie.", he said, stumbling as he stood up.

I walked up my stairs into my doorway.

"Drink some water, dipshit!" I shouted at him as he walked away. He turned and winked at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow when you have some more appropriate clothing on and my shirt is nice and freshly washed then!"

I hate him.