Chapter 40 : Worries

Mirae's POV

Tears kept streaming down my eyes as I drove through the never-ending roads. I didn't mind if I crossed the speed limits or if I broke any other traffic rules. Those weren't worth thinking about.

Although I hated her a lot for what she did years ago, I was now that much worried for her.

I rushed inside the hospital and searched for her. I went to the receptionist and got her room number. I quickly ran to her room and saw her lying on the bed, unconscious.

"Eomma!..."

She had bandages wrapped around her head and hands. It hurt my heart to see her like that condition. I held her hand in mine.

"Eomma!...Please wake up! I'll forgive you. No, I already did. So please wake up! I don't want to lose you too. Please!...Please!..." I cried hard, resting my head on my hands.

"Mirae-ah..." I stopped crying and lifted my head up. I saw mom looking at me. "I thought I won't be able to see you again." I broke into tears again, feeling relieved.

***

"It's a relief that there hasn't been any serious injuries," the doctor said. "She'll be okay after resting for some days."

"Nae, I got it. Kamsamida." I bowed to him before he left.

I went back to mom and sat on the stool beside the bed. "I'll stay here for tonight," I said.

"No, it's okay. Go back home."

"I can't leave you in this condition."

"I'm okay now, Mirae-ah. I'll call one of the nurses if I need anything...You should go, it's late."

"But..."

She weakly smiled. "It's so rare to see you being worried for me..." I just looked down.

"And when I heard 'eomma' from you, it healed me all. Hearing that word from you, after so long, is my painkiller... Khumawo Mirae-ah, for coming to me."

I looked elsewhere, trying to hold back my tears. To be honest, the feelings which I had towards her wasn't hate; I was worried for her instead.

In fact, I always wondered if she was doing well or not, wherever she was. Somewhere in my heart, I still had love for her because she's still my mom.

I let out a deep sigh and stood up. "I'll get going now." I turned on my heels to walk away but turned back to look at her. "And if you need something else, call me right away. Then..."

I turned back and walked out of the room, closing the door. I leaned back on the nearby wall and sighed.

"It's a relief!..."

***

I was slowly walking towards my car when I saw San standing there, leaning back on it. He stood straight when he saw me.

"Mirae-ah..."

I broke into tears and ran to him before hugging him tightly. "I was scared...I was so scared that I would lose her too..."

He hugged me back, caressing my head. "Everything's okay now. Don't worry...It's okay." I kept sobbing in his arms.

***

San's POV

"Are you feeling better now?" I asked, handing Mirae a cup of water. We were back at my apartment and now sitting on the couch.

She took a sip of water before answering. "Hm." She slightly nodded. "San-ah...I've something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"The thing is...Kim Dayoung-ssi...is my mom."

—Flashback—

"You really don't know whose daughter Kang Mirae is?" Nari said. "Didn't she tell anything about it?"

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"Seems like you don't know about it..." She smirked. "She's the daughter of my father's ex-wife, Kim Dayoung-ssi."

"What?" I was a little shocked to hear that.

"Yeah, she got a divorce from Mirae's father and married my dad...But now it's okay since she got a divorce from my dad too. I just hated her presence in our house..."

—Flashback—

That's why Mirae ran to her on hearing the news.

"I didn't tell you anything about her cause I just hated talking about her for what she did," Mirae said and sighed.

I held her hand, squeezing it a little. "I don't know what the circumstances were, but I'm sure that eomonie might have regretted her decision."

"Do you think so?"

I nodded. "She too would have wondered if you were doing well or not, did you eat well or not..." She looked down, sighing. "I'm happy that she got her daughter back and you your mom. So everything's okay now."

"...Not everything."

"Hm?" She looked up at me. "What do you mean?"

"I've one more thing to tell you." I tilted my head and looked at her in confusion.

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
How's the story till now? Tell me in the comments...And don't forget to stream and vote for ATEEZ on Kingdom;-)

And don't forget to stream and vote for ATEEZ on Kingdom;-)