11

Half an hour passed.

It was getting dark inside the forest.

Not long after, we heard fast footsteps coming towards us.

"What now..."

I sighed.

The footsteps were getting closer and closer.

I noticed a tall tree behind us, it was big enough to cover both of us.

I didn't have time to explain, so I grabbed Amelia's hand and pulled her behind the tree.

She was about to shout, but I quickly covered her mouth.

We both stood there, hiding.

Soon, two adults came running.

It seemed like they were being chased.

I peeked out a little to get a better look at their faces.

It was... mom and dad.

I was shocked.

I let go of Amelia and just stared at them blankly, not being able to believe anything.

I thought I lost them forever...

"Are you kidding me? You almost choked me to death!!!" Amelia shouted at me, but I was busy staring at them.

"Ugh, what's so mesmerising to look at" she was about to shout again when her eyes suddenly fell in the direction I was looking at.

Amelia gasped.

"MOM?!!! DAD?!!!!" she talked loud enough for both of them to notice us.

"Wait, but... are they even real...? Or am I just seeing things...?" Amelia rubbed her eyes to see clearly.

"Come on... Don't be such a drama queen!" I scoffed.

Mom widened her eyes.

"Kids?!!!"

Dad couldn't hold back his big smile.

We ran to them and they hugged us tightly, Mars was licking them like there was no tomorrow.

Suddenly, mom's face turned serious.

"It isn't the time to be happy, we have to leave immediately!! They're still after us!!!" Mom shouted.

We all looked around and ran for our lives.

After running a long distance, we got exhausted.

"I can't... anymore..." Amelia said, breathing heavily.

"Same, but we can't stop here. Let's go!" I was about to run again, when I noticed a huge gang of people, standing right behind us.

We turned around and we were about to run the opposite way, but they had completely circled us.

I noticed Mr Wilson.

He was looking at us as if we were some delicious meal.

"Are they gonna eat us or what..." Amelia looked at them in disbelief.

I noticed that weird hoodie guy too.

"God damn it... This place is filled with psychopaths..."

Suddenly, a cool idea crossed my mind.

There was a bit of space in between those people, which was enough for us to escape.

I looked at Amelia, and she seemed to be thinking about the same thing.

It wasn't the most genius plan, it was very obvious, but that was the last thing we could do.

"Listen, mom and dad, you both run that way. And we both will run this way, with Mars." I whispered.

They were getting closer towards us.

"Fast!" I shouted, and we all crawled in, right through the tiny space between those people's legs.

We all sped away in different directions.

They seemed to have forgotten about mom and dad, and all of them were behind me and Amelia.

That idea seemed to work.

Mom and dad would be hiding in a safe place, we both would find them and we all would then somehow escape.

Well... at least... hope so...